Audio Video Revolution Forum

Audio Video Revolution Forum (http://www.avrev.com/forum/index.php)
-   Blu-ray Software (http://www.avrev.com/forum/blu-ray-software-49/)
-   -   Spider-Man 3 Debuts On Blu-ray High-Def, DVD & PSP October 30 (http://www.avrev.com/forum/blu-ray-software/380-spider-man-3-debuts-blu-ray-high-def-dvd-psp-october-30-a.html)

AVRevForum.com 08-03-2007 12:17 PM

Spider-Man 3 Debuts On Blu-ray High-Def, DVD & PSP October 30

Spider-Man 3 becomes the home entertainment event of the year when Sony Pictures Home Entertainment releases the international blockbuster on DVD October 30, in time for the holiday gift-giving season. Spider-Man 3 will be available in several versions for fans to collect including a single-disc release, a two-disc Special Edition release, PSP, and a three-pack DVD release, which will include Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2 on DVD. Also available is the Spider-Man High Definition Trilogy, a three-pack release of all three films on Blu-ray High-Def allowing fans an exclusive opportunity to collect both Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2 in high definition, along with Spider-Man 2.1 and Spider-Man 3.

Spider-Man 3 will also be available as a stand-alone two-disc release on Blu-ray High-Def. The two-disc Spider-Man 3 Blu-ray High-Def and two-disc Special Edition DVD offer fans more than six hours of all-new bonus materials, including a trio of featurettes spotlighting the cinematic creation of the web crawler's greatest nemeses. Grains of Sand - Building Sandman details the challenges Sony Pictures Imageworks faced in creating the iconic villain; Re-Imagining the Goblin explores the changes in the New Goblin character from page to screen; and Covered in Black Creating Venom follows the cinematic creation of Spider-Man's archrival. The two-disc's added value also has a trio of features on the creation of the spectacular stunts in the movie: Hanging On Gwen Stacy & the Collapsing Floor, where stunt coordinator Scott Rogers explores the logistics of the dangerous stunt performed by Bryce Dallas Howard; Fighting, Flying & Driving The Stunts, wherein Stunt Coordinator/2nd Unit Director Dan Bradley and Stunt Coordinator Scott Rogers provide a behind-the-scenes peek at the various "gags" in the film; and Wall of Water where the viewer is taken into the creation of one of the biggest stunts in the film. In addition, the discs offer bloopers, a Snow Patrol music video, and two audio commentary tracks with cast and filmmakers.

Spider-Man 3 Two-Disc Special Edition DVD, Two-Disc Blu-ray High-Def

Disc One Special Features:

Audio: English Dolby True HD 5.1, English PCM 5.1 (Uncompressed), French, Spanish, Portuguese, Thai 5.1 (Dolby Digital)
Subtitles: English, English SDH, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Korean, Thai, Chinese Mandarin, Chinese Cantonese
Bloopers
Photo Galleries
Snow Patrol Music Video
Audio Commentary with Director Sam Raimi and Cast Members Tobey Maguire, Kirsten Dunst, James Franco, Thomas Haden Church, Topher Grace, and Bryce Dallas Howard
Audio Commentary with Producers Laura Ziskin, Avi Arad and Grant Curtis, Editor Bob Murawski and Special Effects Supervisor Scott Stokdyk
Closed Captioned
Bonus Previews

Disc Two Special Features:

Subtitles: English, Spanish
Featurette: Grains of Sand - Building Sandman
Featurette: Re-Imagining the Goblin
Featurette: Covered in Black Creating Venom
Featurette: Hanging On Gwen Stacy and the Collapsing Floor
Featurette: Fighting, Flying & Driving The Stunts
Featurette: Tangled Web: The Love Triangles of Spider-Man 3
Featurette: Wall Of Water
Featurette: On Location Cleveland The Chase on Euclid Avenue
Featurette: On Location New York From Rooftops to Backstreets
Featurette: The Science of Sound
Featurette: Inside The Editing Room
Theatrical TV Spots From Around the World
Closed Captioned

Spider-Man 3 has a run time of approximately 139 minutes and is rated PG-13 for sequences of intense action violence. Artwork is available at Welcome to SPHE Connect

JerryDelColliano 08-03-2007 05:59 PM

YEAH!!!!!

I am SO in on this!!!

Add 100 more titles at this level and you could see the end of the format war.

Content is king and many of the volume title on BR have been less than A-list. Pirates as an exception.

The Costco crowd wont buy into these formats without the big titles.

j

kennyt 08-03-2007 07:40 PM

Re: Spider-Man 3 Debuts On Blu-ray High-Def, DVD & PSP October 30

I will order it as soon as it is out!

Jerry, as usual, you are so right, the better the content the better the support. In the mean time, I will rent all I can from Netflisx and buy the classics as they become available.....

Yes, I did buy the Matrix....trilogy for one (the first)_ movie!

deacongreg 08-03-2007 08:13 PM

Re: Spider-Man 3 Debuts On Blu-ray High-Def, DVD & PSP October 30

I must admit, I`m now beginning to foam at the mouth about high def due to that Toshiba review. And yes, content is king. And I love Spiderman. But now that means I must get a Blu - Ray player!!

Whats up with this. Dr. Ken, help a brother out!!