Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Blu-ray Software

Blu-ray Software Keep up with the latest Blu-ray movie releases.

Old 11-06-2008   #7

Default Re: Wal-Mart giving more shelf space to Blu-Ray

I am by no means saying go out and invest in a new HD DVD player. I'm saying if you are already invested, get the most you can out of your investment. If you can find an HD DVD for $9 or less, and plan to watch it more than once, I think it's worth buying.

Also, some of us have more than one or two rooms with HDTVs. . . and each gets a player.
rlpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008   #8
wes

Quote:
Originally Posted by deacongreg View Post
This I do not understand. Blu-Ray is in. HD DVD is not. The inevitable will happen soon. No more HD DVD software to buy. Why would anyone be interested in a format that has no more life. Now, for those who bought a HD DVD player as the first an only dvd player, than yes, that customer can still use that player to play standard dvd`s.
However, they will still need to buy a Blu-Ray player, if they want in to High Definition.

I don`t know about the rest of you, but for me simplicity is key for me. Having 3 and 4 dvd players, is not what i would call good sense. Or, being a good steward with your finances.
I agree but some people like to collect stuff. I can't understand either why anyone would want to continue on buying HD DVDs?
wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by wes View Post
I agree but some people like to collect stuff. I can't understand either why anyone would want to continue on buying HD DVDs?
Exatly. Especially since it seems, pricing is about to get to its lowest for Blu-Ray players this up coming Black Friday.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008   #10
wes

Quote:
Originally Posted by deacongreg View Post
Exactly. Especially since it seems, pricing is about to get to its lowest for Blu-Ray players this up coming Black Friday.
Let's hope that blu ray movies will drop as well Also what's with Warner Brother most of their Blu Ray are released with only DD or DTS and no DTS-HD or DD True HD are they just doing that so they can release an other version of the movies!

What a rip off?
Old 11-08-2008   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by wes View Post
Let's hope that blu ray movies will drop as well Also what's with Warner Brother most of their Blu Ray are released with only DD or DTS and no DTS-HD or DD True HD are they just doing that so they can release an other version of the movies!

What a rip off?
Hopefully they will drop always.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008   #12
wes

Default When are blu ray movies going to be in line with DVDs

Remember VHS tapes pricing at $89 !! Never bought one until they came down at $20
Sponsored Links

Tags
2008, 2309, audio, bluray, ca, downsize, dvd, movie, rack, releases, shelf, stores, video, walmart, white