Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Blu-ray Software

Blu-ray Software Keep up with the latest Blu-ray movie releases.

Old 09-10-2008   #1

Default What movie will bring out the potential of my player?

In my opinion I think its the newly released Transformers movie. I just picked it up and watched it the other day I have to let you guys know that if you want to unleash the full potential of your PS3 or Blu-ray player, you gotta get this movie!

On 1080p, the picture is crystal clear, the colors are vibrant, and the sound is amazing, I swear you can practically feel those freakin' robots.

Bonus features are good too. Michael Bay talks about how they took each Transformer from toy to movie star. Also you learn about the casting process and see behind the scenes footage of Megan Fox and Shia. Definitely the most worthy of all my Blu-ray titles in terms of sight and sound. Pick it up!

www.transformersmovie.com

Alex with TF
fanscape360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008   #2

Default Re: What movie will bring out the potential of my player?

I recently rented House of Flying Daggers on Blu-ray. It was even better than the origional DVD transfer. The colors were brilliant and the picture was as sharp as a tac. Sadly I only have Dolby dig 5.1 but the sound was one of the best I have heard on my set-up. The seperation of the sound when the beans fly around to the different drums was tremendous.
CliffH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008   #3

Cool Re: What movie will bring out the potential of my player?

The best to me would be I am Legend, The Ultimate Avengers, and the LPCM version of Spiderman 3.
prerich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanscape360 View Post
In my opinion I think its the newly released Transformers movie. I just picked it up and watched it the other day I have to let you guys know that if you want to unleash the full potential of your PS3 or Blu-ray player, you gotta get this movie!

On 1080p, the picture is crystal clear, the colors are vibrant, and the sound is amazing, I swear you can practically feel those freakin' robots.

Bonus features are good too. Michael Bay talks about how they took each Transformer from toy to movie star. Also you learn about the casting process and see behind the scenes footage of Megan Fox and Shia. Definitely the most worthy of all my Blu-ray titles in terms of sight and sound. Pick it up!

www.transformersmovie.com

Alex with TF
I didn't like it at the theater so I didn't buy the HD-DVD nor the BD. On the Blu-ray forum there are a few people that are disappointed with the actual bass extention of TrueHD release - some actually sight that the DD 5.1 DVD version has more bass extention than the TrueHD version (not to be translated as loudness - but deep bass extention - how low can you go).
prerich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by prerich View Post
I didn't like it at the theater so I didn't buy the HD-DVD nor the BD. On the Blu-ray forum there are a few people that are disappointed with the actual bass extention of TrueHD release - some actually sight that the DD 5.1 DVD version has more bass extention than the TrueHD version (not to be translated as loudness - but deep bass extention - how low can you go).
I haven't played Transformers in uncompressed yet (watching it once was enough for me!) but that is interesting to hear. I will have to re-rent it and try it both ways to see for myself as it seems counter intuitive that uncompressed high bit rate audio would sound worse (well, actually have less bass extension) than compressed DD and DTS.

I will try to post back if and when I remember to do so....
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008   #6

My vote would be for either of the first two "Pirates of the Caribbean" BDs (IMO, Part 3's PQ is slightly but noticeably inferior on my setup) and "Saawariya," sort of the Bollywood equivalent to Fox/Baz Luhrman's "Moulin Rouge."

There isn't much to say about POTC that hasn't already been written, except that they simply are must-have titles for showcasing BD audio and video. "Saawariya," a quirky Hindi-language musical, has one of the sharpest, most vibrant visuals I've ever seen on BD; additionally, the Dolby TrueHD 5.1 track is surprisingly enveloping and impactful, especially during the musical numbers.
BasicBlak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
audio, bass, blu, bluray, bring, calibration, deep, demo, details, hdtv, movie, myplayerscom, ray, sound, subtle, what