Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Blu-ray Software

Blu-ray Software Keep up with the latest Blu-ray movie releases.

Old 09-11-2008   #7

Default Re: What movie will bring out the potential of my player?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
I haven't played Transformers in uncompressed yet (watching it once was enough for me!) but that is interesting to hear. I will have to re-rent it and try it both ways to see for myself as it seems counter intuitive that uncompressed high bit rate audio would sound worse (well, actually have less bass extension) than compressed DD and DTS.

I will try to post back if and when I remember to do so....
10-4...That's a big debate over at the BD forum. I can't really participate because when I saw the movie - like you, once was more than enough. I actually slept through the big battle because the movie was ruined way before then. I'm a Transformers fan from the '80 and some things you should just leave alone. Let me know how the experiment turns out !
prerich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008   #8

I have found the things that impress me most with the new codecs are the subtle details that come through with such total transparency. The sound of a hand running down a bannister or a shoe hitting the floor perfectly were so impressive to me! Sure, many go for the boom for a demo, but I never find that to be a good representation of a HT. Make my skin crawl with the rubbing of a knife edge and we can talk......
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008   #9
wes

Quote:
I have found the things that impress me most with the new codecs are the subtle details that come through with such total transparency. The sound of a hand running down a bannister or a shoe hitting the floor perfectly were so impressive to me! Sure, many go for the boom for a demo, but I never find that to be a good representation of a HT. Make my skin crawl with the rubbing of a knife edge and we can talk......
On the audio side, the details you can hear in Master and Commander are amazing. There is a passage when the ship is a sea and the waves are making the wood crack it's eerie...

Also, a couple other I thought audio was outstanding are The Day After Tomorrow and Blade Runner.

In regards to Video recent animated movies such as Cars and Robinson Family are outsanding. For regular movies Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer and Apocalypto

Last edited by wes; 09-15-2008 at 02:18 PM..
wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008   #10

Quote:
Well said!
BasicBlak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008   #11

“Sunshine” looks fantastic as far as the visuals go……..However, I did not like the movie.
jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008   #12
TRT

3:10 To Yuma's 7.1 track is pretty good.
TRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
audio, bass, blu, bluray, bring, calibration, deep, demo, details, hdtv, movie, myplayerscom, ray, sound, subtle, what