Microsoft finally going Blu!
Important thing to note, some of these technologies require new hardware that may not be available. The beta is being released in order to get coverage on any legacy scenarios and install/uninstall scenarios.
Welcome to the Microsoft Connect website for the Windows Feature Pack for Storage.
Please read the Welcome Document Announcement first. This will give you required installation instructions as well as great information on known issues and testing scenarios. There are also instructions on how to file a bug available for you.
This beta contains downloads for the 3 technologies below for the following operating systems: Windows Vista, Windows Vista SP1,Windows Server 2008, Windows XP SP2+, Windows Server 2003 SP1+. Smartcard on XP is only available in 32 bit.
There are 3 technologies available for this Pre-Release-Each will have its own installer:
· Active Storage Platform: This pre-release package enables the Windows platform to restrict access to portable devices (such as a USB Flash Device) via a certificate or password authentication based on the IEEE 1667 standard specification.
· Image Mastering API update for Blu-Ray media: This feature enables the Windows platform to do master style optical burning on Blu-Ray media.
· Smart Card Driver: This release provides support for new form factors, such as ICCD/CCID.
The following activities will be supported here:
· Access the latest versions of specifications and other documents
· Participate in ongoing private newsgroup discussions regarding development- Newsgroup= microsoft.connect.storagefp
· Access this Beta
· Submit bugs against this Pre-release
· Submit suggestions to improve this site
Windows Storage Platform Team
More info on these sites
Re: Microsoft finally going Blu!
Well at least they are supporting XP. No way I am switching to Vista.
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:11 AM.|