Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Blu-ray Software

Blu-ray Software Keep up with the latest Blu-ray movie releases.

Old 10-13-2008   #25

Default Re: Blu-Ray vs DVD sales

The heck with BLU....have you seen HDX quality thru a VUDU player? VUDU rocks. As long as you have a decent Internet connection, it's the way to go in my opinion. Darn blu-rays take forever to load up on the player and the disks can be easily scratched by kids loading them in and out of a disc player. With VUDU there are no disks involved and the play back is pure and instantaneous.

HiTech Upgrades.com
clinthicum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by clinthicum View Post
The heck with BLU....have you seen HDX quality thru a VUDU player? VUDU rocks. As long as you have a decent Internet connection, it's the way to go in my opinion. Darn blu-rays take forever to load up on the player and the disks can be easily scratched by kids loading them in and out of a disc player. With VUDU there are no disks involved and the play back is pure and instantaneous.
I'm not sure what you call a decent internet connection but I can only get 3 meg & it took me 6 hours to download a 1080p movie from DirecTV on demand, my Blu-Ray player loads a lot faster than that!
I'm not familiar with vudu, is that 1080p with lossless audio?
Are the movies rented & are only good for viewing within a 24 hour time period, do they expire, or are you buying them, what are the movie prices?
How much storage space does a vudu box have & what happens to your movies if the box crashes?

I have never seen a scratched Blu-Ray disc myself, they have some serious protective coatings, the only way they are going to get scratches is if you rub them with rocks!

I like my discs, I can grab one in a moments notice & be watching a movie in 1080p & with lossless audio in about 1 min!
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008   #27

Question Re: Blu-Ray vs DVD sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by clinthicum View Post
Alright, you have some explaining to do. Who and what is VUDU?
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008   #28

www.vudu.com

Movies on Demand using high-speed Internet.
1080p HD movies available.
Movies can be rented or purchased.
HDX is a new format or compression technology they just released a few weeks ago.
No subscription service, just upfront cost for box and each time you rent or buy, etc.

Std Box holds 50 movies and XL model holds 500 movies.

HiTech Upgrades.com
clinthicum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008   #29

I COULD RETIRE IN A YEAR IF I HAD THE STUPID CUSTOMERS THAT YOU GUYS HAVE!

MY CUSTOMERS THROW UP WHEN THEY SEE A BLU RAY DISC COSTS $30.00 AND THEY SIMPLY SAY, "NO THANKS"

HDMI IS A TERRIBLE FORMAT THAT IS SLOW AND THUS I GET COMPLAINTS FROM EVERYONE ABOUT HOW SLOW IT IS TO CHANNEL SURF; FORGET ABOUT BOOTING UP A DVD OR REBOOTING SHOULD THEY DARE TO USE THE INTERACTIVE FEATURES THAT MOST OF US COULD CARE LESS ABOUT.

HOUSEWIVES ARE JUMPING WITH GLEE THAT THEY MAY ONLY HAVE TO MAKE THE DVD PLAYER GO OUT ON THE NET FOR A SOFTWARE UPDATE ONLY ONCE EVERY TWO MONTHS!

IF YOU HAVE ALL NEW STUFF THAT'S 1.3 THEN THERE'S A GOOD CHANCE IT WILL ACTUALLY WORK AND IT DOES HAVE A BETTER PICTURE MOST OF THE TIME, BUT WITH THE PROBLEMS AND SLOWNESS MY CUSTOMERS ARE TURNED OFF BY IT.

THE ONLY REASON WE DON'T HAVE 1080P IN RGB FORMAT IS BECAUSE THE STUDIOS THINK THAT THE CHINESE WILL COPY THEIR MOVIES. ALL THESE IDIOTS FORGET THAT WE HAVE CHINA MANUFACTURE ALL OUR STUFF! HOW STUPID DO THEY THINK THE CHINESE ARE? IF YOU HAVE THEM BUILD YOUR EQUIPMENT AND SHOW THEM HOW IT WORKS, THEY WILL KNOW HOW TO PIRATE MOVIES; AND SO ALL WE DO IS CHANGE FORMATS AND GET PIRATED ANYWAY.

HDMI IS JUST ANOTHER FORMAT DESIGNED BY ENGINEERS WITH ABSOLUTELY NO FIELD EXPERIENCE, THEY SIT IN A ROOM AND TRY TO BUILD A BETTER MOUSETRAP ON PAPER AND DON'T ACTUALLY GO AND INSTALL IT IN THE FIELD.

THE COST OF BALUNS AND CAT5 PLUS ACTUAL CABLES FOR THE FORMAT ON AN AVERAGE RUN OF 60 FEET ARE MORE THAN THE COST OF JUST PULLING 4 OR 5 CONDUCTOR RGB IN THE FIRST PLACE!

VIDEO SWITCHERS FOR HDMI COST TWICE WHAT COMPONENT/DIGITAL/COMPOSITE VIDEO SWITCHERS COST.
EVER SEEN AN IP CAMERA UPCONVERTED TO HDMI? BEAUTIFUL!

WHY DOES KALEIDESCAPE AND REQUEST ONLY PROVIDE SERVERS THAT RIP RED LASER DVD'S? THEY CLAIM THAT A REGULAR UPCONVERTED DVD IS BLYU RAY QUALITY!

WHY ARE THERE NO MORE DVD BASED VIDEO SERVERS THAT USE SONY MEGA CHANGERS? WOULD THAT BE BECAUSE SONY IS TRYING TO DICTATE THE MARKET?

THE ONLY WAY TO MAKE THE TV MANUFACTURING WHORES UNDERSTAND WHAT WE REALLY WANT IS ONE WAY AND ONE WAY ONLY!!!!

USE YOUR WALLET! DON'T BUY HDMI...............DON'T BUY BLU RAY

THEN SEE WHAT HAPPENS. OR YOU COULD WALK AROUND GOO GOO EYED AND SAY BAH! BAH!

INSTALLERS HAVE THE POWER OF PURCHASE TO DICTATE THE MARKET AND THE MARKET IS DOWN! NOW IS THE TIME TO
MAKE A POINT OR ELSE DON'T EVER COMPLAIN ABOUT THE HDMI FORMAT AGAIN.
REMOTE CONTROL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008   #30

Thumbs down Re: Blu-Ray vs DVD sales

Dude, don't be trolling in this thread!
Start your own crazy ranting thread & I'll comment on what you have to say in there!
Oh & turn off your caps lock, it's rude & hard to read.
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
2009, blu, bluray, cable, chart, conductor, dvd, hdmi, hdtv, high, monthly, ray, sales, speed, versus, vs