Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Blu-ray Software

Blu-ray Software Keep up with the latest Blu-ray movie releases.

Old 11-17-2008   #55
wes

Default Re: Blu-Ray vs DVD sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by HT Junky View Post
How are these people going to get firmware upgrades? You can update the firmware on most players by downloading it to a CD, but it is painfully more difficult than if it can update it's own firmware through the internet.
I agree, call Sony they will send you CDs to do the upgrades now for receivers that is an other story?
wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008   #56

My 3808ci is the only thing that requires an internet connection to get upgrades, the PS3 can be burned to a CD or flash drive, the DirecTV comes through the satellite.
Isn't updated software being included on Blu-ray movies now?

My dealer tells me only 5% of his customers do firmware updates, a large portion of "repairs" they get only require a firmware update.

The thing is if only 5% of the public can do updates how many of them are going to be able to figure out how to download a movie?
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008   #57
wes

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoose View Post
The thing is if only 5% of the public can do updates how many of them are going to be able to figure out how to download a movie?

Ever heard of iTune over a billion of songs downloaded movies are the same
Old 11-18-2008   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by wes View Post
Ever heard of iTune over a billion of songs downloaded movies are the same
Not even close!
1 plug is needed in the computer to download the music, video, whatever to my iPod but, you need to have your home Theater networked to stream your downloaded movies to your TV.
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008   #59

I also think the average consumer may not be as tech davvy on the computer. Streaming, downloading, burning, copying, SlingBox, LogicTech, Benchmark, i really feel people are still absorbing that Blu-Ray is the winner.

And are now taking a deep breath and going back to enjoying their systems. The format war took a lot out of them.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008   #60
wes

Default COSTCO BLU RAY SALE

I just picked up three blu ray The Mummy, The Mummy Return and Batman Begin for $15 each normally $28.98 so that is almost 50% discount

... They have many more on sale.....

I can't wait to see if Amazon is going to have a sale as well? Amazon has Iron Man (Ultimate Two-Disc Edition + BD Live) for $19.99 now on sale
Sponsored Links

Tags
2009, blu, bluray, cable, chart, conductor, dvd, hdmi, hdtv, high, monthly, ray, sales, speed, versus, vs