Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Blu-ray Software

Blu-ray Software Keep up with the latest Blu-ray movie releases.

Old 06-14-2008   #25

Default Re: First Blu-ray music album released!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
This is great news Kenny!!! Thanks for being so "cutting edge."
It's more an addiction, I just can't help myself!
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by pws442 View Post
Just to (perhaps, hopefully) lend some insight to this: Almost all my DVD-A discs have the VIDEO_TS folder, allowing them to play on a standard DVD player. They must have the AUDIO_TS folder, that is where the DVD-A magic resides.

I'd love to discuss this more elsewhere.
If you do, I'm in. 'Cause I LOVE DVD-A. I'm crushed it lost to SACD. I hear more air around the instruments with a warmth that SACD hasn't yet shown me.
Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
If you do, I'm in. 'Cause I LOVE DVD-A. I'm crushed it lost to SACD. I hear more air around the instruments with a warmth that SACD hasn't yet shown me.
I think they both had merits, I personally think SACD had the technological edge, but that is sort of a moot point now as for all intents and purposes, both are dead now.

The sonic differences you speak of are also so dependent on the mix, mastering transfers etc, and I have found exceptional DVD-A and SACD discs as well as really crappy DVD-A and SACD's, so I can't honestly say which format is 'better' as the software is so much of the equation....

It's sort of like the beginning of the Blu-ray vs HD DVD format war, everyone said HD DVD had a better picture, when it was really just the initial Blu-rays were crappy transfers.
Old 06-26-2008   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
It's more an addiction, I just can't help myself!
Kenny,

Have you seen the new Tchaikovsky: Piano Concertos Nos. 1 & 3 (Blu-ray) with a DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 codec. This appears to be another music only Blue Ray Disc.

I think that I'm going to order this.

Do you have any interest in Tchaikovsky or would you be interested just to see how good the recording sounds in the blue Ray codec?

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/movies.php?id=903

Has anyone heard this yet and be willing to provide a review?

I also found... Grieg: Piano Concerto, Symphonic Dances, In Autumn (Blu-ray) with a DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 codec.

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/movies.php?id=783

Again...has anyone heard this and be able to comment?

Last edited by shainj; 06-26-2008 at 10:04 PM..
shainj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008   #29

I might get them as they are WAY cheaper than the Norwegian disc and I can always use good demo material. FWIW these are available trough Amazon.
Sponsored Links

Tags
album, albums, audio, blu, blue, bluray, concert, dtshd, music, photo, ray, released, software, video, videos