Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Blu-ray Software

Blu-ray Software Keep up with the latest Blu-ray movie releases.

Old 06-13-2008   #19

Cool Re: First Blu-ray music album released!

I have done the usual searches and cannot seem to find where to purchase this new jewel. Can anyone suggest where I might pick this up?

Thanks
shainj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008   #20

Default Re: First Blu-ray music album released!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shainj View Post
I have done the usual searches and cannot seem to find where to purchase this new jewel. Can anyone suggest where I might pick this up?

Thanks
WOW, when I first searched for it, I found it right away, it wasn't so easy, but here's the link to order from;

http://www.2l.musiconline.no/shop/di...m.asp?id=34188

FWIW I got mine in ~ a week, and it is well worth the weight! (BTW it cost me ~$40 with the exchange rate)
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008   #21

Thanks Kenny
shainj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
I got this disc today and wanted to update you on it.

the new codecs are king!

I briefly A-B'd both formats, the Blu-ray in my Sony BDP-S1, the SACD in the Denon DVD-5910CI via D-Link III to the Denon AVP-A1HDCI, and I can say the Blu-ray was significantly better in dynamics, clarity and texture. Strings sounded REAL with the Blu-ray version, where they were somewhat digital with SACD.

Yes, I know what you all are thinking, this from an SACD fan????

YES!!!!

Blu-ray may be the best audio format we've seen to date bar none! If music gets put out on this format, I will buy every disc I ever listen to again, well as long as the original was recorded even remotely well.

Even if you don't like classical, and you own a Blu-ray player and a receiver/pre/pro that can pass the new codecs, you should immediately order this disc for a demo for your friends! Their jaws will drop when they hear just how amazing this disc sounds!
This is great news Kenny!!! Thanks for being so "cutting edge." I'm more of a DVD-A fan but have an SACD combo player and am excited to here that improvements can be heard.
Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008   #23
TRT

Well, this is precisely what I've been waiting for! Now bring on the Jazz......I'm in!
TRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kipnis Studios View Post
...certain DVD-A are recognized as DVD-V and won't always play. Sad :-(
Just to (perhaps, hopefully) lend some insight to this: Almost all my DVD-A discs have the VIDEO_TS folder, allowing them to play on a standard DVD player. They must have the AUDIO_TS folder, that is where the DVD-A magic resides.

I'd love to discuss this more elsewhere.
pws442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
album, albums, audio, blu, blue, bluray, concert, dtshd, music, photo, ray, released, software, video, videos