Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Blu-ray Software

Blu-ray Software Keep up with the latest Blu-ray movie releases.

Old 05-31-2008   #7

Default Re: First Blu-ray music album released!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
Yep, or on an SACD player!!!
That is cool!
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008   #8

I don't believe this is really the first Blu-Ray music album released. I think that Trent Reznor released a Nine Inch Nails instrumental album "Ghosts" on BRD. He released it as free lossy mp3, $5.00 lossless download, special vinyl edition, and BRD. I think the BRD even had the original, unmixed instrumental tracks that you could remix. This was available from via online ordering only, so no doubt this one is the first one that will be available in stores...if the Blue Shirts can figure out where to put it.
meatyb0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008   #9

Oh yeah:

http://ghosts.nin.com/main/order_options

I ordered the lossless download. Not because I love NIN (Miles and Mingus are more my speed), but because I wanted to support the fantastic idea of offering lossless downloads and hi-rez discs.
meatyb0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008   #10

I downloaded the free Ghost I some time ago, the concept of acoustic NIN is a bit of a stretch to me though, even being a HUGE NIN fan from the early days.

I particularly like this new release (be it first or not, I don't care) as being an SACD/Blu-ray hybrid, I can truly compare the benefits of DTS HD MA vs SACD, I would think DTS HD MA should out perform SACD, but won't know until the disc arrives.....
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
I downloaded the free Ghost I some time ago, the concept of acoustic NIN is a bit of a stretch to me though, even being a HUGE NIN fan from the early days.

I particularly like this new release (be it first or not, I don't care) as being an SACD/Blu-ray hybrid, I can truly compare the benefits of DTS HD MA vs SACD, I would think DTS HD MA should out perform SACD, but won't know until the disc arrives.....
Man, you`ve said a mouthful there kenny. I had no idea the disc was this serious. Now, I may be early saying this, but you might remember I said during the format war, that what we truly need is a universal player that plays ALL formats.

NO LIMITS~~~
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008   #12

I got this disc today and wanted to update you on it.

First off, it's a double disc, it comes with an SACD/CD and a Blu-ray disc.

The Blu-ray has all the formats including DTS HD MA and Dolby True HD options, and while classical, is a genre I am frankly rather ignorant of, this disc is full of very pleasant music to listen to, and I must say it makes for an amazing system demo!!!! Add in the fact you can A-B it to MC SACD and it will prove to all that the new codecs are king!

I briefly A-B'd both formats, the Blu-ray in my Sony BDP-S1, the SACD in the Denon DVD-5910CI via D-Link III to the Denon AVP-A1HDCI, and I can say the Blu-ray was significantly better in dynamics, clarity and texture. Strings sounded REAL with the Blu-ray version, where they were somewhat digital with SACD.

Yes, I know what you all are thinking, this from an SACD fan????

YES!!!!

Blu-ray may be the best audio format we've seen to date bar none! If music gets put out on this format, I will buy every disc I ever listen to again, well as long as the original was recorded even remotely well.

Even if you don't like classical, and you own a Blu-ray player and a receiver/pre/pro that can pass the new codecs, you should immediately order this disc for a demo for your friends! Their jaws will drop when they hear just how amazing this disc sounds!
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
album, albums, audio, blu, blue, bluray, concert, dtshd, music, photo, ray, released, software, video, videos