Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Blu-ray Software

Blu-ray Software Keep up with the latest Blu-ray movie releases.

Old 05-02-2008   #13

Default Re: Universal wants lossless DTS-HD MA to become Blu-ray audio standard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
I was thinking of buying that movie anyway, I'll order it.
Speaking of movies to order kenny, my daughters godfather suggested I should check out The Descent, he said it was a shocker. Any info on this?
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by deacongreg View Post
Speaking of movies to order kenny, my daughters godfather suggested I should check out The Descent, he said it was a shocker. Any info on this?
A very solid rent. The pic and sound were not off the chart but done very well. Some very startling moments to be sure. The main character was in one of my all time fav shows MI:5 (Spooks).
Old 05-08-2008   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by akbungle View Post
A very solid rent. The pic and sound were not off the chart but done very well. Some very startling moments to be sure. The main character was in one of my all time fav shows MI:5 (Spooks).
Really, alright, I`m pretty busy with mother`s day and my daughters play for theater this weekend, but maybe next week I`ll rent it. Thanks for the heads up.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
I think it is far too early to decide which is better, especially as no movie comes with all the new codecs on them. We therefore are comparing films with different soundtracks, mastered differently, by different people. The PCM vs Bitstream also adds the variability of the quality of the player and pre/pro.

I am just happy we have a REAL step up in audio with Blu-ray!!! I have been able to A-B DD/DTS to MC PCM and the difference is HUGE! I can't wait to get to fire up the new Denon pre/pro and run DTS MA HD to it!!!!!!!!!

Kenny,

I am also amazed at the difference between DD/DTS and Lossless MC PCM. I am hearing small details in the soundtracks that I never could hear as clearly before. Not to mention the dynamic gains.

I switched from a B&K Ref 20 to the Denon 3808CI both used as pre/pros. Night and day difference. The new codecs are awesome! The more titles with DTS-HD MA released the better for us early adopters.

Vern
Sharp 1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008   #17
wes

Cool Re: Universal wants lossless DTS-HD MA to become Blu-ray audio standard

YES please make DTS-HD MA the standard I heard a demo at the dealer using an Integra and was blown away!!!! It surpasses every other format I have heard, if they could do music on this that would be fantastic.
wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
audio, blu, blue, bluray, discs, dolby, dts, dtshd, hd, hdma, lossless, ma, ray, releases, soundtrack, standard, true