Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Blu-ray Software

Blu-ray Software Keep up with the latest Blu-ray movie releases.

Old 04-21-2008   #25
wes

Cool Re: Blu-ray Now In 10 Million Homes

Netflix and Blockbuster on a monthly basis are cheaper per movie than downloading movies on Apple!
wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008   #26

Default Re: Blu-ray Now In 10 Million Homes

So are bootlegged versions, the local video store, etc, etc, etc... We are comparing to NOW, not in the mail maybe but NOW.

We are talking cool interface. Not a couple of bucks difference in getting what you want NOW. We are talking millions of people who already have accounts on itunes and know-how to use the interface. READ there VISA card is already on file. NO GOOFY points system or mail system. I mean apple is laughing all the way to the bank.

Better sell your stock in netflix, blockbuster, and perhaps sony; cause apple made every music player obsolete within a few short years while we all nashed our teeth about quality and compression and how much better SACD is and blah blah blah blah blah.

Can you say paradigm shift.

I had ten 4 year olds at a birthday party a week ago and after all the fun and games everyone ended up in my theatre watching a Jimmy Neutron Movie within 5 minutes of deciding that would be a great idea. Not one kid or parent said, "You know the audio presentation sort of suffered and I dont think that 720P looked as good as my BlueRay" they said, "That was awesome, you mean I could get one of those to hook to my TV"
HomeTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008   #27
wes

Bla Bla Bla yes Apple TV is cool but I still think it is still a half baked product. We own 4 Macs and 4 iPod so I am not against Apple, but they need Apple TV 3.0

Here are the specs: Apple TV 3.0

- 1 Terabyte Flash storage
- HDMi 1.3b
- Decode DD Tru HD and DTS Master Audio
- Sell movies in 1080p with high def sound
Old 04-21-2008   #28

I could not agree more that those specs would be nice. In fact I bought my apple tv almost a year ago and threw it on the shelf when I realized it would only output the video in Ipod resolution. It has only been since February that a firmware upgrade allowed me to even put it in my system. I hope maybe a firmware upgrade will get better audio presentations. I dont hold out any hope that they would even attempt 1080p at this or any close future update due to the bandwidth requirements to get such a download and the fact that most people just wont care and be very happy.
HomeTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008   #29
wes

One can always dream!
Old 04-21-2008   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeTech View Post
. . . I dont hold out any hope that they would even attempt 1080p at this or any close future update due to the bandwidth requirements to get such a download and the fact that most people just wont care and be very happy.
Apple has been carrying 1080p trailers for free download for well over a year now, so stepping up to 1080p for selling full length movies should not be that much harder for them.
rlpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
avrec, blu, bluray, forum, homes, ipod, le, million, percentage, players, sur