Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Blu-ray Software

Blu-ray Software Keep up with the latest Blu-ray movie releases.

Old 04-14-2008   #19
wes

Cool Re: Blu-ray Now In 10 Million Homes

Economics I agree, so hopefully the studio will understand and bring their prices close to reality!!
wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008   #20

Default Re: Blu-ray Now In 10 Million Homes

No question, our society is definitely convenience over quality.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008   #21
wes

Big deal, until Blu Ray player go down in price, have all the new codec and the studios stop being so greedy and charge so much money for movie Blu Ray will still lag sales of DVD! If Apple gets 1080p movies rental they will kill blu ray.

I own a blu ray player a PS3 and with the new release DTS Master Audio it is the best player out there and I rent my blu rays!
Old 04-21-2008   #22

Apple TV already has 720P and for those with 50" or smaller TV's you could hardly say your eyes are sensitive enough to tell the difference. In FACT your subject to how good the film transfer is anyway! I have a 92" screen and have some Blue Ray Titles that the transfers were so poor to suggest they are ANY better than a good quality 480P DVD player is laughable. Apple TV is subject to this as well, but there 720P looks pretty darn good and is VERY convenient. Notice that Apple has hardly even advertised the thing, they are waiting for their video library to expand and then when they launch hard.... Blue Ray will have seen the beginning of the end. This should be the last proprietary format from Sony we will have to endure. The money spent on this should finally teach them a lesson about greed and their proprietary stuff. They have been subsidizing the PS3's and other products to get these things in the market place. How many kids with PS3's are going to buy expensive DVD's?? How many care about the things people on this forum care about?? Sure, the geeks and tweeks care but they cant buy enough to make the math work. Dont be offended I'm a geek/tweek as well.
HomeTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008   #23
wes

Cool Re: Blu-ray Now In 10 Million Homes

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeTech View Post
Apple TV already has 720P and for those with 50" or smaller TV's you could hardly say your eyes are sensitive enough to tell the difference.

How many kids with PS3's are going to buy expensive DVD's?? How many care about the things people on this forum care about?? Sure, the geeks and tweeks care but they cant buy enough to make the math work. Dont be offended I'm a geek/tweek as well.
Well on a 125" screen 720p is not good enough especially if you sit close. Once Apple gets their act together hopefully soon and release 1080p movies with uncompressed audio then downloads will reign and blu ray will RIP, until then blu Ray will take over DVDs.

I can tell you that prices are coming down!
Old 04-21-2008   #24

Its interesting that you note uncompressed audio in your comments because I personally feel that the audio part of Apple TV product is not as good as the video portion. I find a DVD or Blue Ray DVD works much better from the audio side of things than the Apple TV. I find the video is negligible depending from title to title on the transfer. But the overall experience to watch a movie instantly with a very cool interface is too powerful to overcome having to go down to the local united nations(wally mart) and overpay for a DVD.
HomeTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
avrec, blu, bluray, forum, homes, ipod, le, million, percentage, players, sur