Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Blu-ray Software

Blu-ray Software Keep up with the latest Blu-ray movie releases.

Old 04-12-2008   #13
wes

Cool Re: Blu-ray Now In 10 Million Homes

I agree the studios need to wake up paying $25 for an old movie doesn't make any sense Fry's had a sale a few weeks ago where you could pick up Blu Ray for $13. I bought some classic Sci Fi, Fantastic Four, Stargate, 5th Element, Gost Rider,
wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008   #14

Default Re: Blu-ray Now In 10 Million Homes

We shall see what the future holds.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008   #15

Smile Re: Blu-ray Now In 10 Million Homes

Now that HD DVD is gone and the majority of BlueRay players are Sony PS3's the next big Loser is going to be Blue Ray. Just like SACD.

Blue Ray is about to be smashed by Apple TV. Too Cool and convient, if you havent noticed they already have millions of trained users that already have itunes accounts. Its a natural fit and Apple TV is going to make every video format as useless as the Ipod did for every audio format.

OK, here come the flames. I'm just the messenger. I know, I know its not nearly technically as good..... Laughable stuff when compared to convience and $25 hard to find titles. If you have not been watching.... their library is growing and growing and growing!

I'm also not an HD DVD supporter either so its not sour grapes its just whats getting ready to happen.
HomeTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008   #16

I disagree Blu-ray is going the way of SACD. Look at the market awareness at this stage. Lower the prices of the players and sell them in new venues like warehouse stores and it will boom.

With that said, there are plenty of people on my staff who think that downloads are here - now and despite being 720p (who cares about resolution anyway right?) they will take over for Blu-ray.

My argument is - show me a convergence device outside of Apple that works (10 media center PC quick reviews coming next month) well and I will show you the basis for success. For now, I am sticking with the PS3 as a proven platform - even if Blu-ray only lasts 5 years.
Old 04-14-2008   #17
wes

Cool Re: Blu-ray Now In 10 Million Homes

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryDelColliano View Post
I disagree Blu-ray is going the way of SACD. Look at the market awareness at this stage. Lower the prices of the players and sell them in new venues like warehouse stores and it will boom.
Well thanks for the opinion, I believe Blu Ray will flourish once the studios stop being so greedy and sale movies less than $20 and manufactures of boxes sell Blu Ray at $200 less.

If you think that downloading a movie that is 25GB to 50GB more is happening anytime soon think again, have you check your cable or DSL speed lately!
wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008   #18

Blu-Ray seems to have their foot in the door, and I have to admit after being an early adopter of HD DVD as well, that I still am blown away by the sound quality. But as others have said, they really need to be extremely aggressive with pricing and education so that they can gain a significant market share over DVD and downloads. The quality may be unsurpassed, but as the success of mp3's have shown, our culture is one of convenience over quality, and without a significant market share once downloads are more mainstream Blu-Ray might have a hard time maintaining profitability.
msmith855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
avrec, blu, bluray, forum, homes, ipod, le, million, percentage, players, sur