Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Blu-ray Software

Blu-ray Software Keep up with the latest Blu-ray movie releases.

Old 06-14-2007   #1

Exclamation The Fifth Element Blu-Ray upgrade

As many of you know The Fifth Element was a disapointment on Blu-Ray, well it seems that Sony listened to the complaints & will re-release a remastered version that should be of much better quality & will exchange your original copy for the remastered version.

Here is the post made by Paidgeek (a Sony employee?) on the AVS forums about the excghange program.

Please see below for the contact information to exchange your original copy of "The Fifth Element". The new disc can be easily identified by the additional information on the top edge of the disc which states "BD RMSTRD".

Our customer service department has been notified about this program and will assist you. Please be patient if you cannot get through right away (this sort of program is out of the ordinary), or better still, use email as the phone lines may be very busy for the first day or so.

Phone: 800-860-2878
Email: consumer@sphecustomersupport.sony.com

Amazon.com has The remastered version avalible for pre order with a July 17 release date.

I don't really see any reason to keep my original Blu-Ray version of this movie when a better version will be avalible (plus I already have the original DVD & superbit versions) so I'll be shooting them an email.
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007   #2

Default Re: The Fifth Element Blu-Ray upgrade

This is great news.

If your first look at Blu-ray was The Fifth Element you will wonder why you made the investment. It seems WORSE than the DVD version which was a very good release.
Old 06-14-2007   #3

Lightbulb Re: The Fifth Element Blu-Ray upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryDelColliano View Post
This is great news.

If your first look at Blu-ray was The Fifth Element you will wonder why you made the investment. It seems WORSE than the DVD version which was a very good release.
I agree the superbit version was one of my main refrence movies.

When I saw it demoed at the stores I wondered what they were thinking using this poorly mastered version to try to sell $1500 Blu-Ray players & $5000+ TV's!!
I mean you could see scratches, dirt & hair on the film it was that bad!!

Here is a link to a Story on Blu-Ray.com about this.

If you Email them give them your name, mailing address & phone number so they can contact you when it gets closer to shipping.

Last edited by TheMoose; 06-14-2007 at 01:37 PM..
Old 06-15-2007   #4

Post Re: The Fifth Element Blu-Ray upgrade

Just contacted Sony Support and they will accept the old disc in exchange for the new one (which won't be available until July 17)...You just mail the old disc to their Wisconsin address and the new one will be shipped when they receive them. They require your name and address and phone # via phone or e-mail to register you before you send the disc in.
JDevine760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007   #5

Lightbulb Re: The Fifth Element Blu-Ray upgrade

Here's the email I got back from Sony,

Dear Valued Consumer,

Thank you for your e-mail. We appreciate your interest in Sony Pictures Home Entertainment products.

To receive an exchange for your Fifth Element Blu Ray disc, please return your disc (case not needed) to the following address:

SPHE Consumer Support
PO Box 157
Neenah, WI 54957
Attn: XXXXXX

Please be sure to include your return address (no PO Boxes) and a copy of this email. Your replacement will be shipped to you via Fed Ex Ground. The disc will be sent out after July 17th.

Regards,

SPHE Consumer Affairs Team

I'll be waiting until it gets closer to the release date (7/17/07) to send back my copy.
Old 08-02-2007   #6

Default Re: The Fifth Element Blu-Ray upgrade

Has anyone done this yet and gotten the new disc??

I haven't gotten around to sending mine back yet...
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
audio, back, blu, bluray, calibration, date, dvd, element, exchange, fifth, original, ray, release, sony, update, upgrade