Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Blu-ray Software

Blu-ray Software Keep up with the latest Blu-ray movie releases.

Old 04-18-2008   #13
rex

Default Blu-ray disc sales up 351% while DVD sales are down!

While DVD sales are down, BD sales are up 351%:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/...e44d7b5c4?pn=1
rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008   #14

Wink Re: Blu-ray disc sales up 351% while DVD sales are down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rex View Post
While DVD sales are down, BD sales are up 351%:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/...e44d7b5c4?pn=1
This is a somewhat misleading post after you read the article. DVD sales were down 1.2%(ignorable) BD was up 351% (that's terrific - could that be the former HD-DVD supporters?), but these figures do not include Walmart where most average and some not so average people buy their DVD's. If DVD Sales were down say 10% to 20% then I would say something! The end of the war has definately increased sales greatly, but many people are still waiting for Walmart to have a bigger selection, and others (who don't shop at Amazon - although its the best thing going today) are waiting for BD's to come down in price (like Moose has stated before - he wants physical media...to take that thought even further - some people don't want to wait or pay retail - they want it now - cheap - like WalMart). It's gonna take a little bit longer but it's catching on.
prerich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008   #15

Default Re: Blu-ray disc sales soar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wes View Post
The prices are still obnoxious!! $35 for a movie get a grip. I wish they could offer an upgrade path to people who own DVDs

I have over 500 DVDs and would gladly trade in my DVDs for Blu Ray if the upgrade was no more that $10 a movie. That still would mean $5000 for the studios, now I have decided to only get a handful of great sci-fi movies in blu ray and will not upgrade the DVD collection. I will wait until new movies are a lot more affordable.

I bought my DVDs over the past five years and usually waited until they were on sale at $10 a piece except for a few that I had to have as soon as the movie came out!

We should lobby the studio to offer an upgrade path to blu ray.
I'm like you - I only buy Disney films in BD or a great SCI-FI movie. Nothing will replaced. I'm enjoyinig my SD collection in a brand new way with WinDVD 9 Plus Blu-ray! I'm very content now.
prerich is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
2008, blu, bluray, climbing, disc, httpwwwhollywoodinhidefcom, movie, ray, sale, sales, software, total, totals, unit, video