Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Blu-ray Software

Blu-ray Software Keep up with the latest Blu-ray movie releases.

Old 02-18-2008   #1

Default The War is Over!!! Blu-Ray is the Format to Beat Now.

"Looming end to DVD war cheers consumers" http://www.reuters.com/article/techn...34593320080218

I think that this is great news and we can all go to Amazon and get a good deal on Blu-Ray movies.
Bam Bam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008   #2

Default Re: The War is Over!!! Blu-Ray is the Format to Beat Now.

I don't doubt for a moment that HD DVD is dead, but I still am anxious to hear what Toshiba has to say. An official announcement is expect next week.

Last edited by HiDefBob; 02-18-2008 at 06:47 PM..
HiDefBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008   #3

ITS OVER! Toshiba quits HD DVD business.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080219/...iCGolQQB6s0NUE

Last edited by Butch; 02-19-2008 at 06:56 AM.. Reason: Fix the link
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008   #4

"Nishida said it was still uncertain what will happen with the Hollywood studios that signed to produce HD DVD movies, including Universal Studios, Paramount Pictures and DreamWorks Animation.

Isn't rather obvious they will have to switch to Blu-ray!
Old 02-19-2008   #5

They might be waiting for the new technology to arise "Cube" the little cube that holds the most data in multiple layers that is very easy to stack and store. It's right around the corner so do not buy into this Blu-Ray thing just wait for the new cool thing "Cube".
Bam Bam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008   #6

The coolest system I have seen was recently at my local home theatre dealer. It records CD's and DVD's (they are working on Blu-ray) onto a large hard disc(large enough to hold hundred of DVD's). Put a stack of discs on the unit and it will record them overnight ... it will defeat any copy protection ... including Sony's (it took 9 hours for one disc, but eventually recorded it).

Once the discs are recorded you can instanteously access any movie or music on the menu ... absolutely no delay time. You can list the titles by a thumb nail of the cover or from a list by movie, date, director, actor. And once recorded you never have to deal with discs again.

If I could afford one this would be the unit for me!

Last edited by HiDefBob; 02-19-2008 at 11:29 AM..
HiDefBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
02192008, 2009, beat, beats, blu, blue, blueray, bluray, dvd, format, httpmykaleidescapelocaluser, ray, system, toshiba