Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Blu-ray Software

Blu-ray Software Keep up with the latest Blu-ray movie releases.

Old 02-21-2008   #13

Default Re: The War is Over!!! Blu-Ray is the Format to Beat Now.

I know that. I was refering to HiDefBob`s comment. I`m not here to argue.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch View Post
I gotta have one. I've already ripped all my CD's to hard drive. I've been waiting for the right hardware/software to do the same with DVD. I keep hoping the fellow that wrote EAC would do the same for other formats i.e. SACD, DVD-A, DVD, BD.

Does the machine you mention duplicate the 5.1 sound tracks?
Ripping DVD to your HDD - This is already possible - I can rip BD and HD-DVD also.
prerich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008   #15

"Cue the Karen Carpenter and skip a meal or two (or 12) "
Is this not in poor taste?
avhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008   #16

Exclamation Studios Are Trying to Stop DVDs From Fading to Black

From The New York Times, Monday February 25, 2008:
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/25/bu...dia/25dvd.html

Partial quote: "But the victory of Sony’s new Blu-ray high-definition disc over a rival format, Toshiba’s HD DVD, masks a problem facing the studios: the overall decline of the DVD market. Domestic DVD sales fell 3.2 percent last year to $15.9 billion, according to Adams Media Research, the first annual drop in the medium’s history. Adams projects another decline in 2008, to $15.4 billion, and a similar dip for 2009.

So instead of celebrating the Blu-ray format — which remains a nascent business — the studios are scrambling to introduce an array of initiatives aimed at propping up the broader market. Some efforts, like the addition of new interactive features and changes in how DVDs are packaged and promoted, are intended to prevent further market erosion while nurturing Blu-ray. "
________________________________________ ________________________________________ ________________________________________ ________________________________________ _____

Don't these people realize that the economy is faltering and most people do not have discretionary income for this kind of purchase? People are losing their homes!
Ken S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008   #17

Certainly some damage control does need to be done. For as we all know, only usaudio/video philes have followed this format war this closely. And now with the HD DVD customers left out there to pick up their own pieces, well.................................... ...............
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
02192008, 2009, beat, beats, blu, blue, blueray, bluray, dvd, format, httpmykaleidescapelocaluser, ray, system, toshiba