Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Blu-ray Software

Blu-ray Software Keep up with the latest Blu-ray movie releases.

Old 02-13-2008   #25

Default Re: Netflix Goes Blu-ray Exclusive

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRO-630HD View Post
.... hddvd had stunning titles like Phantom of the Opera, Serenity, Unforgiven, Blazing Saddles, Constantine, U-571, Bourne Supremacy and while the initial blurays had virtually no extras Constantine had 8 hours worth, a lossless True HD track, pristine PQ, and IME to boot as did Bourne.

I just got The Brave One the other day and the picture is stunning. VC1 can do wonders!
True but they got very lazy including WB on quality where as Blu was getting better and better with HD DVD's lossless/pcm somewhere around 24% and BD at 67% that made the difference for me.
I bought a HD DVD player for Serenity, Constantine, and Batman Begins. (By the way still have never bothered with the IME - just not for me I guess)
I just watched The Brave One and it did look quite good indeed!
Old 02-14-2008   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRO-630HD View Post
Dvd players were at $299 within 2 years. They launched in Mar. 97 with the cheapest being $499. By xmas of that year they were $399 and next xmas of 98 $299.
I got my $800 Onkyo dvd player back in the spring/summer of 95. There were only 25 titles total out at the time. With the movie Twister being the headliner.
sleepyeddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008   #27

Edging out the small guy? Toshiba isn't small. Microsoft isn't small. The market has bought Blu-ray faster than HD DVD. Fact.

Why do people think Blu-ray wouldn't be a competitive market? That's like saying Toshiba did whatever they wanted with DVD and it wasn't a competitive market. Or Sony did what they wanted with CD and that wasn't competitive either.

Blu-ray is obviously the better format in the long run, with it's higher specs and stronger abilities. Not sure why it's sad that the best of the two formats won.

Tags
audio, av, bac, bluray, cable, dvd, formats, group, hdmi, movie, netflix, sale