Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Blu-ray Software

Blu-ray Software Keep up with the latest Blu-ray movie releases.

Old 01-25-2008   #1

Default NEW Sony blu-ray promotion? (5 free movies)

Hi guys, do any of you insiders know if Sony will follow-up with ANOTHER blu-ray promotion after the current one expires on Jan. 31? (blu-ray player must be purchased by Jan.31)

I have decided to go blu-ray and will be buying a PS3, that much is done.

However, I may not make my purchase before the 31st, next week. Hence my curiosity about another blu-ray promotion for 5 free movies at bluraysavings.com

If nobody has any information, I may rush out and buy my PS3 next week, but I would really prefer to wait for a recurring deal to come back where stores like Bestbuy throw in 1 or 2 free games and/or a free PS3 remote control, more value for my $499 PURCHASE.

I don't want to miss out on 5 free movies if the deal is truly over as of Jan. 31

THANKS!
avsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008   #2

Default Re: NEW Sony blu-ray promotion? (5 free movies)

Quote:
Originally Posted by avsteve View Post
Hi guys, do any of you insiders know if Sony will follow-up with ANOTHER blu-ray promotion after the current one expires on Jan. 31? (blu-ray player must be purchased by Jan.31)

I have decided to go blu-ray and will be buying a PS3, that much is done.

However, I may not make my purchase before the 31st, next week. Hence my curiosity about another blu-ray promotion for 5 free movies at bluraysavings.com

If nobody has any information, I may rush out and buy my PS3 next week, but I would really prefer to wait for a recurring deal to come back where stores like Bestbuy throw in 1 or 2 free games and/or a free PS3 remote control, more value for my $499 PURCHASE.

I don't want to miss out on 5 free movies if the deal is truly over as of Jan. 31

THANKS!
I have no solid info but I think it may not be extended, it was a holiday sale as was the stores adding a couple of movies.
There very well could be another promotion but it might not be for a while.
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008   #3

good point as the mailing address on the form does indicate "Holiday Blu-ray Offer"

thanks for the quick response.

Steve
Old 02-04-2008   #4

it is looking like the deal will not be extended. when they extended the Summer Blu-ray promo for 5 free movies (re-naming it "Holiday Blu-ray Offer" and extended to Jan. 31/08), the extension occured the day after the Summer promo ended.

Feb. 4th and no extension indicated, deal may be over.
Sponsored Links

Tags
blu, blue, bluray, deal, form, forms, forum, free, movie, movies, promotion, promotions, ray, software, sony