Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Blu-ray Software

Blu-ray Software Keep up with the latest Blu-ray movie releases.

Old 01-22-2008   #13

Default Re: Rumor: Universal Next Studio to go all Blu-ray

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaViD Boulet View Post
FUD at it's all time best. FUD was HD DVD's primiary weapon before Warner defected and it continues to be used as their primary attack strategy even now.
Please refrain from calling everything FUD. It's rude and you're also giving attention to the statements of the insane. I very much doubt anyone puts any weight into that "Insider Information," it sounds like it's coming from someone who forgot to take their meds.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008   #14

Quote:
it sounds like it's coming from someone who forgot to take their meds.
That's what the original poster's unnamed "insider" comments sounded like. Care to direct any criticism in that direction?

I think that even ardent HD DVD fans can smell BS when they see it, and that "insider" source sounded like BS at it's best. Is BS a term you'd prefer over FUD?
DaViD Boulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaViD Boulet View Post
That's what the original poster's unnamed "insider" comments sounded like. Care to direct any criticism in that direction?

I think that even ardent HD DVD fans can smell BS when they see it, and that "insider" source sounded like BS at it's best. Is BS a term you'd prefer over FUD?
I think you need to quit posting before thinking. The OP was Jerry Editor of AVREVOLUTION and he had no quoted comments.

If you're refering to my statement about "Insider Information," only one post has referred to "Insider Information," on this thread. It looked like the ramblings of someone who is not in full control of their brain. So I don't think anyone took it seriously. If you didn't mean Jerry, then you meant the exact same person I did.

Which means you have got to stop this petty difference you have with me. I already apologized in front of everyone for battling it out with you. It was pointless before.

As for FUD vs BS. Sometimes things are mistakes. Sometimes they're just BS. Sometimes someone is lying to try and make their point sound better. That would be FUD. We haven't had much FUD on these boards that I have seen. It's what makes this place so much nicer than the many sites that are full of it.

That Insider was just insane so thus imho it would fall under BS.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008   #16

I heard that Peter Jackson is working on content for The Lord Of The Rings HD-DVD box set. That is one set of movies I'd give my eye teeth for. I have LOTR, Saving Private Ryan, Gladiator and Braveheart on DVD and would definitely buy the HD-DVD versions. I always play one of those to show off my home theater. I already have the Matrix on HD-DVD.
MatrixDweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008   #17

Quote:
Which means you have got to stop this petty difference you have with me. I already apologized in front of everyone for battling it out with you. It was pointless before.
Agreed. I was too quick to react without taking time to read all the posts in context. I'll tone down the adversarial posting style.

Quote:
As for FUD vs BS. Sometimes things are mistakes. Sometimes they're just BS. Sometimes someone is lying to try and make their point sound better. That would be FUD. We haven't had much FUD on these boards that I have seen. It's what makes this place so much nicer than the many sites that are full of it.

That Insider was just insane so thus imho it would fall under BS.
Agreed.
DaViD Boulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008   #18

As an A/V enthusiast for the past 37 years, I suggest:

1. Watch the movies you have, whatever *&^%$ format they are
2. Let the future unfold, the market will right itself
3. Stop justifying your purchase or denigrating the other's
4. Stop calling each other names, it only points to your issues
5. Put all this wasted energy into something important that makes it a better world
timbre4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
2009, audio, beautiful, blu, download, egypt, hd, mind, prince, ray, rumor, studio, studios, universal, war