Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Blu-ray Software

Blu-ray Software Keep up with the latest Blu-ray movie releases.

View Poll Results: Where do you get your Blu-Ray movies?
Online (name store in post) 20 66.67%
Brick & mortar (Name store in post) 2 6.67%
B&M if I want to watch right away the rest online (name store) 0 0%
I buy only my favorites & rent the others (name stores) 6 20.00%
I only rent (online or B&M, name stores) 2 6.67%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-13-2011   #19

Default Re: Where do you buy your Blu-Ray movies?

The price is very cheap. Best Buy has just opened up my home, I'm really excited, until I saw the movie prices. They want 30 to 35 dollars.
Chaquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011   #20

We bought 3 Blu-rays to have around for test purposes. They were chosen as much for their low sale price (at Fred Meyer's electronics dept.) as for content. The recent Star Trek movie, a Harry Potter, and HD Landscapes (3 discs) are the titles. We rent around a dozen to sixteen movies per month from Netflix, and about 2/3 to 3/4 of them are Blu-ray. We also stream a few from Netflix, and some of those are HD which means 720P and stereo sound. Our internet is provided by Comcast on a 9Mbps - 12Mbps connection. Our home theater PC is an Intel Core i3-based system which I built and it's on a wireless-n connection to the router one room away, giving good results. Once in a blue moon we rent a movie from Redbox, too, but rarely need it because of our Netflix subscription. As a longtime music lover and hi-fi guy I'm a firm believer in the notion that the "source" is the most important link in the chain. When it comes to movies I reckon the disc combined with the player counts as the source, and I'm frequently amazed at the quality of video and audio that we get from our little Sony S370 Blu-ray player. We've considered getting either an Oppo or maybe a Pioneer Elite Blu-ray player to complement out Pioneer Kuro 50-inch TV but, when we pop in a movie and hit the play button on the Logitech remote, we're sooo into the movie that we forget about upgrades. Guess that means we don't need any other player! By the way, for those who don't already know, those Sony Blu-ray players are pretty darn good at upsampling regular DVDs, too ....
starvinmarvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011   #21

yes amazon is the best place to get !
samchn07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012   #22

I buy mose on amazon
christines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012   #23

I really agree on what you say here.Hope We can be friends to exchange idea on this subject.Thanks.
luntan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012   #24

I buy in Amazon
peterr89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
blu, blue, bluray, buy, cheap, free, international, movies, online, ray, rent, sell, shipping, suply, switzerland