Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Blu-ray Software

Blu-ray Software Keep up with the latest Blu-ray movie releases.

Old 12-06-2007   #49

Default Re: Blu-Ray wins on Black Friday week.

I have t say the PS3 does all these well, it isn't the best Blu-ray player I have though...
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
I have t say the PS3 does all these well, it isn't the best Blu-ray player I have though...
Do you have a 360?

I've yet to see a game on both done better on the PS3.... if it exists I'd like to see it.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
Do you have a 360?

I've yet to see a game on both done better on the PS3.... if it exists I'd like to see it.
That's because the developers are too lazy to maximize it for the PS3 & just port it over.

There are some dual platform games coming that are developed for the PS3 first & will look amazing & then down rezzed to work on the 360.

the PS3 is a true next gen system not just a warmed over last gen system so it will take some dedication to realize it's full potential.
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoose View Post
That's because the developers are too lazy to maximize it for the PS3 & just port it over.

There are some dual platform games coming that are developed for the PS3 first & will look amazing & then down rezzed to work on the 360.

the PS3 is a true next gen system not just a warmed over last gen system so it will take some dedication to realize it's full potential.
Do you have any clue what you're talking about?

Sure the PS3 suffers from games being ported to it, but all that shows is the systems inability to handle HD Anti-Aliasing and is the reason for the major and it is major generally half the FPS of the 360. That is because...

The 360 is vastly superior at graphics. Sure the processor is potentially more powerful but the GPU on the PS3 is seriously lacking. The reason some companies are going to port to the 360 is because they hope it will improve the FPS of the PS3 title. Which it might, but that game will not be as good looking as it could have been because it was designed for the graphically inferior product.

I wish I could google the thread written by one of the premier programmers in the industry about the 2 consoles and why the 360 is superior and the total graphics differences but I haven't been successful at it yet.

The PS3 as a superior console is just Ken Kutaragi's wet dream and obvious ignorance of the competition.

Even the BD is useless. Most programmers will tell you that Heavenly Sword could be made for the 360 and look better without any problems. There just isn't a reason for the BD in the unit other than to play movies.
Old 12-06-2007   #53

I haven't played Heavenly Sword yet, but can say Ratchet and CLank Future Tools of Destruction and Uncharted Drakes Fortune are pretty cool graphics wise. I am no super gamer, but they are pretty damn god to me.....

I'll likely get Heavenly Sword soon.... and will comment as I do.
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
I haven't played Heavenly Sword yet, but can say Ratchet and CLank Future Tools of Destruction and Uncharted Drakes Fortune are pretty cool graphics wise. I am no super gamer, but they are pretty damn god to me.....

I'll likely get Heavenly Sword soon.... and will comment as I do.
Ratchet is so far the best game for the PS3...

Heavenly Sword is ok but really not that good. Your opinion may very... but it wasn't very good to me.

Assassins Creed is entertaining and at least really cool to see the ancient cities so carefully recreated... but it's another example of the 360 being graphically superior with much better frame rates. However if you havent seen the 360 version it will still be entertaining. Plus its got the freakiest ending I've seen to a game in a long time.
Sponsored Links

Tags
black, blu, bluray, colors, earth, friday, gonna, numbers, planet, ray, revolution, sale, sales, series, showed, true, valve, video