Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Blu-ray Software

Blu-ray Software Keep up with the latest Blu-ray movie releases.

Old 01-23-2008   #181

Default Re: Blu-Ray wins on Black Friday week.

Oh so wait...somehow a website posting information, is more of a rumor than you and your wife? I'm sorry, what do you do? Are you a spokesman for Crytek? Is she? I don't mean any offense...but you see the conundrum here, correct? You're expecting me to somehow believe your rumors, over that of an article that you yourself shot down for being rumor? Do you understand what I'm getting at?

Morne
Mornelithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008   #182

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mornelithe View Post
Oh so wait...somehow a website posting information, is more of a rumor than you and your wife? I'm sorry, what do you do? Are you a spokesman for Crytek? Is she? I don't mean any offense...but you see the conundrum here, correct? You're expecting me to somehow believe your rumors, over that of an article that you yourself shot down for being rumor? Do you understand what I'm getting at?
Did Crytek port their previous titles to the XBOX and PS2?

Do you have any reason to believe they won't this time besides an unconfirmed internet rumor? It's also a rumor not repeated by the bigger names in gaming online news.

How's that for reasoning?
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008   #183

not to say one side or the other is wrong, but....

"Some news slipped out during the Leipzig convention in Germany that Crytek senior game designer Bernd Diemer said their upcoming first-person shooter Crysis was too über for the next-generation consoles -- the 360 and PlayStation 3 specifically. The heart of the matter related directly to DirectX 10 and it being the only way to truly unleash the beast behind this beautiful game.

Diemer was quoted as saying that "next generation consoles like the Xbox 360 and the PlayStation 3 do not offer the sufficient power" needed for some high-quality Crysis action. This news comes counter to the recent news that the Crytek team was looking for some PS3 worker bees for a possible Crysis port to the system. We may not see Crysis on the PS3, but it's still entirely possible we may see Crysis-like games in the future on Sony's console."

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/08/30/cr...handle-crysis/
avsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008   #184

Quote:
Originally Posted by avsteve View Post
not to say one side or the other is wrong, but....

"Some news slipped out during the Leipzig convention in Germany that Crytek senior game designer Bernd Diemer said their upcoming first-person shooter Crysis was too über for the next-generation consoles -- the 360 and PlayStation 3 specifically. The heart of the matter related directly to DirectX 10 and it being the only way to truly unleash the beast behind this beautiful game.

Diemer was quoted as saying that "next generation consoles like the Xbox 360 and the PlayStation 3 do not offer the sufficient power" needed for some high-quality Crysis action. This news comes counter to the recent news that the Crytek team was looking for some PS3 worker bees for a possible Crysis port to the system. We may not see Crysis on the PS3, but it's still entirely possible we may see Crysis-like games in the future on Sony's console."

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/08/30/cr...handle-crysis/
The 360 is capable of DX10. I know people porting the game for the both.

The port might not have the magic of the PC version but it's being worked on. Look at the Wii it gets ports that dont have the resolution, etc.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008   #185

http://www.gamershell.com/companies/...bh/393993.html

Yeah, looks like we'll see both versions at GDC in 2008.

And they probably won't look as good as the PC versions, but at least we'll see what the CryEngine 2 can do on each console.

And Lotus...even you have to be aware of Crytek's emphatic statements about Crysis not being able to perform on the PS3 or 360...granted this was early in Crysis' life cycle...but still, Crytek came out numerous times and stated the consoles couldn't do it, so to counter those statements with unconfirmed rumors from friends et al...is really not believable without some backing from confirmed sources, you gave the same response to the article that I posted. This is no different. Using reasoning and such, to determine what a game company is going to do...while it may make sense...it's not necessarily the truth until someone from the company confirms/denies it. Correct?

And as for the DX10 comment, believe me man, I'm looking as hard as I possibly can, and what I can see is that the X360 runs a custom version of DX9.0c, that allows 'some' DX10 class-functionality (such as stream-out), but is not actually DX10 compliant. If you've anything else to add, I'd honestly like to read up on it... This is where I got my info from though.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3153097

So, according to that article, not only is the 360 not fully DX10 complient, it's not upgradeable either (Which makes sense...PC users need to upgrade their card, not download a patch). However, it shouldn't have any problems running DX9 (as Crysis doesn't NEED DX10 to function).

Morne

Last edited by Mornelithe; 01-29-2008 at 09:46 AM..
Mornelithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008   #186

I know that Crysis is the biggie from Crytek that everyone would like to see on the next-gen platforms, but I see they're also discussing Far Cry 2 (from Ubisoft) for PS3 and XBOX 360.

http://www.ubisoftgroup.com/index.php?p=59&art_id=
avsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
black, blu, bluray, colors, earth, friday, gonna, numbers, planet, ray, revolution, sale, sales, series, showed, true, valve, video