Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Blu-ray Software

Blu-ray Software Keep up with the latest Blu-ray movie releases.

Old 01-02-2008   #163
Banned

Default Re: Blu-Ray wins on Black Friday week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
Also for the last 2 days there has been no Amazon BOGO.

Yet HD DVD is still winning in the average of top 10 titles, top 25 titles, top 100 titles, and number in top 1,000.

Again something they had never done this year before the BOGO that started the 26th.
It always takes several days for the increase in rankings from the BOGO's to subsude, we have seen this all year whenever either side has had some promotion on Amazon - this must just be the first time you've been watching them.
dobyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008   #164

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
BD has as big a BOGO as HD DVD had...

yet they're still not winning. Of course it could take some time for everyone to know about it and it being a Holiday might not help.

Still it says wonders that for 3 days HD DVD has won without the BOGOs in the ave of top 25 and 100 products plus number in top 100 and top 1000.

Should be interesting to see how it all translates to Nielsen.
last night Blu-Ray had 8 of the top 10 movies on amazon. Right now they have 8 in the top 12. Last night as well Blu-Ray had 50 of the top 100 movies. Right now Blu-Ray has 52 of the top 100 movies. All records of HDM, smashing all previous Blu-Ray records.
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008   #165

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoose View Post
last night Blu-Ray had 8 of the top 10 movies on amazon. Right now they have 8 in the top 12. Last night as well Blu-Ray had 50 of the top 100 movies. Right now Blu-Ray has 52 of the top 100 movies. All records of HDM, smashing all previous Blu-Ray records.
The record for number in the top 100 is 55 by HD DVD on December 26th. Still it's one of the worst weeks in all of retail. Unlike last week which is generally a strong week for retail (but one where buyers are ONLY shopping for deals). I'm more interested in the average of the top 100 titles in comparison to the other for the same week.

If HD DVD is holding it's own more than before that's a pretty big sign of just how those new players affected the market. Last I checked HD DVD was doing much better than before the players were opened on Christmas. While BD was doing slightly better.

Again standalones are more important than PS3s. So while a lot of PS3s hit the market it wasn't enough to cancel out the standalones. The PS3 just doesn't seem capable of hitting that mark. So HD DVD will very slowly start eating away at BD sales unless something is done.

Like WB to either side or a Studio going neutral or MS adding a 360 with HD DVD.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008   #166
Banned

It always takes several days for the increase in rankings from the BOGO's to subside, we have seen this all year whenever either side has had some promotion on Amazon - this must just be the first time you've been watching them.
dobyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008   #167

Oh, by the way....

http://www.alleyinsider.com/2008/01/...ly-bluray.html
Mornelithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008   #168

I am surprised Warner announced this prior to CES, but I guess the whole show thing doesn't matter much to the end result.

If Blu-ray wins, I will still for now keep my Toshiba XA2, which is to date the best scaling SD DVD player I own, and I own many..... Several costing over $6K.
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
black, blu, bluray, colors, earth, friday, gonna, numbers, planet, ray, revolution, sale, sales, series, showed, true, valve, video