Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Blu-ray Software

Blu-ray Software Keep up with the latest Blu-ray movie releases.

Old 12-21-2007   #133

Default Re: Blu-Ray wins on Black Friday week.

BREAKING NEWS:
The BDA announces an end to the cyberwar on terror in 2008!!!!
Geraldo Rivera reports live from Blu-lamabad 8PM, only on BNN!!!!
PRO-630HD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007   #134

http://www.videobusiness.com/article/CA6515097.html

Seems Lotus's info about Harry Potter are dead on.
Old 12-22-2007   #135

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRO-630HD View Post
http://www.videobusiness.com/article/CA6515097.html

Seems Lotus's info about Harry Potter are dead on.
Don't bother. DaViD, moose, and company will continue to believe I'm just making this stuff up no matter what happens. Unless I ask Jerry to label me an "Official Insider!" Which is not on my agenda.

I posted on here the Forum approved TL. Then the press did.

I posted on here that Warners was up for sale and this X-Mas shopping period was important. Then the press did.

I posted on here that Harry Potter sold better on HD DVD after all the outlets were taken into account (something Videoscan can't do and only gets around 60%). Then it gets confirmed.

They called me a lair about replication numbers too then Sony came out and confirmed that I was right on that too.

It just doesn't really matter to some of these guys.

The foggy picture looks like this:

Warners is considering going exclusive still. They just won't be going BD exclusive.

New Line is considering the same.

Disney is considering going neutral. They want Warners to stay neutral if they're going neutral.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007   #136

Lotus,

I do think that you're an insider. I also think you work for Toshiba/Microsoft.

Quote:
I posted on here that Harry Potter sold better on HD DVD after all the outlets were taken into account (something Videoscan can't do and only gets around 60%). Then it gets confirmed.
So, you're telling me that Universal Studios telling me about the sales figures of another studios titles is "confirmation"???

When WB releases their sales statistics, that would seem the time to talk about "confirmation". Does Universal Studios have access to sales figures on Warner SKUs?

Quote:
Additionally, notes Universal research, Warner Home Video’s HD DVD release of Order of the Phoenix is edging out the titles’ BD version by a 55-to-45 ratio. Order of the Phoenix also streeted Dec. 11. That claim matches information gathered from Amazon.com sales rankings in recent weeks.

Lotus sums up:

Quote:
The foggy picture looks like this:

Warners is considering going exclusive still. They just won't be going BD exclusive.

New Line is considering the same.

Disney is considering going neutral. They want Warners to stay neutral if they're going neutral.
Fascinating prediction. It will be interesting to see what happens at CES/early 2008.

Last edited by DaViD Boulet; 12-23-2007 at 03:01 AM..
DaViD Boulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007   #137

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaViD Boulet View Post
When WB releases their sales statistics, that would seem the time to talk about "confirmation". Does Universal Studios have access to sales figures on Warner SKUs?
Neilsons's and videoscan sure seem to even though that accounts for only about 60% of total sales.
Old 12-23-2007   #138

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaViD Boulet View Post
Lotus sums up:

Fascinating prediction. It will be interesting to see what happens at CES/early 2008.
That it will be. While I am no insider I do know this, Warner sure as $h!+ isn't going bluray exclusive. The very best they can hope for is continued neutrality at this point.

Has it been confirmed if they are showing up at the BDA press conference yet?
Sponsored Links

Tags
black, blu, bluray, colors, earth, friday, gonna, numbers, planet, ray, revolution, sale, sales, series, showed, true, valve, video