Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Blu-ray Software

Blu-ray Software Keep up with the latest Blu-ray movie releases.

Old 12-20-2007   #127

Default Re: Blu-Ray wins on Black Friday week.

You can say what you want but it sounds to me like they are not looking ahead, they are looking at what will make the stockholders happy right now by only looking at the small picture (their sales only)

But really this all doesn't matter any way because like a Whore they will go with whoever pays them the most money up front (again to make a short term gain).
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007   #128

They are looking at long term longevity. Going bluray disc tomorrow is the short term solution. They have no royalties in bluray. The only thing they added to the format was BD-9. I think we all can agree that a 9gb bluray disc is about useless. They have massive royalties in hddvd. The format is fully backward compatible. Trouble free and selling a good number of software titles with a far higher attach rate than bluray.

By the way when you subsidize companies for producing discs on your format which Sony was doing with both Warner and Paramount that is a financial incentive or whoring as you put it. The same as offering incentives to Paramount, Dreamworks for advertising etc. More studio payoffs have occured since this thing began that I think any off us can imagine. Sony paying Target to only carry bluray players. Disney's non responce to the question if they had been offered financial incentives from Sony at IFA in Berlin. All these questions come up to think that in business money should never be part of the equation when in essence it should be at the very heart of it, it is business after all.

Last edited by PRO-630HD; 12-20-2007 at 09:28 PM..
PRO-630HD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007   #129

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
You outnumber HD DVD by 4 to 1, yet you can't do better than 20% according to videoscan? That is the number Disney is looking at. They're seriously considering go neutral in 1Q 2008.
If Disney goes neutral my neutrality ends - I will be screamin' Red all the way home! (I'm purple right now or more like magenta).
prerich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007   #130

And I will be right behind cheering you on!!!
Old 12-20-2007   #131

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoose View Post
You can say what you want but it sounds to me like they are not looking ahead, they are looking at what will make the stockholders happy right now by only looking at the small picture (their sales only)

But really this all doesn't matter any way because like a Whore they will go with whoever pays them the most money up front (again to make a short term gain).
Why is looking at your numbers and longterm projections a small picture?

I'm sorry man but Warners can't release FOX's titles to a format. They have theirs, and that is it. What the other guy does doesn't matter. Plus you haven't even told us how that makes a difference.

If there were 7 of the big 8 studios on one format exclusively, and the sole Studio on format B was still selling the same amount on format B as they would on Format A does what the other guys are doing matter?

I asked you to actually state whatever it is you think they're overlooking and you can't.

The problem with your hypothesis that other studios matter is that you never know what FOX would do if they released on DVD.

Here is a big guess:

Around the same numbers as Warners. So The Simpsons if released on both would show up on Videoscan as a 20% edge at best for BD over HD DVD. Adding more studios to one side won't make a studio do better it gives the format itself more numbers.

It's simple math. BD has more titles to sell and more High Priority movies this holiday season so they should sell more overall. The fact that Die Hard and The Simpsons are doing well doesn't mean jack to Disney for instance.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007   #132

In other news CYBERTERRORISM strikes the BDA website as it is hacked and sends you to thelookandsoundofperfect.com!!!!!! Yes that's right folks, CYBERTERRORISM as bluray.com calls it, casualty reports coming in soon.LOL!!!
Sponsored Links

Tags
black, blu, bluray, colors, earth, friday, gonna, numbers, planet, ray, revolution, sale, sales, series, showed, true, valve, video