Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Blu-ray Software

Blu-ray Software Keep up with the latest Blu-ray movie releases.

Old 12-17-2007   #103

Default Re: Blu-Ray wins on Black Friday week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaViD Boulet View Post
Agreed. Sony just dropped the price of one of their new units as well. Given how well the Toshiba players have been selling at these lower price-points, I'll be interested to see if stand-alone BD hardware sales pick up now that the BD camp has taken the same approach to cutting hardware costs.
Samsung cut the price because they're discontinuing their current BD lines.

Sony is currently still $499 at Best Buy because they sent back their S300s.

The S300 is $298 at Amazon. It's a discontinued model.

The S301 is $377 at Sam's Club.

So we've yet to really see BD price a player near any current model units.

Newest rumor from the HD DVD camp for me is that Samsung is going to have a "shocking," CES.

The fact they discontinued the BD1400 so early in its run is to me very interesting to say the least.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
Sony is currently still $499 at Best Buy because they sent back their S300s.

Newest rumor from the HD DVD camp for me is that Samsung is going to have a "shocking," CES.
Concerning the BDP-S300's is this true? I have not been in BB lately but the website lists them for $299 and says available in most stores?

Lotus, that Samsung statement is hard to understand. Samsung is going to have shocking news or the hddvd camp is going to have shocking news?
PRO-630HD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRO-630HD View Post
Concerning the BDP-S300's is this true? I have not been in BB lately but the website lists them for $299 and says available in most stores?

Lotus, that Samsung statement is hard to understand. Samsung is going to have shocking news or the hddvd camp is going to have shocking news?

Around here the BDP-S300 is not available at Best Buy but the 301 is and it is $499.

Samsung discontinued the BD1400.

I get the idea they may be announcing a HD DVD player at CES from the way they have been talking to me. Denon also hinted their HD DVD prototype might see the light of day.
Old 12-17-2007   #106

So did the bdp-s300's sell through or were they sent back? This is the Costco version of the BDP-S300. BB doesn't even list them on there site and they are $500? Yeird.
PRO-630HD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRO-630HD View Post
So did the bdp-s300's sell through or were they sent back? This is the Costco version of the BDP-S300. BB doesn't even list them on there site and they are $500? Yeird.

I suggested to a good number of people if they wanted a BD player to go to Best Buy this past weekend. $300 for the Samsung and $300 for the Sony.

They all told me the Sony was $500, the Samsung sold out, and I was told a story about the Sony being replaced because they sent some back. I heard that from 3 people.

Then told they found one for $377 at Sam's Club and bought one there.

Looking at the Best Buy website they say the S300 is $299. Around here they appear to be telling people they're $500. That is weird.
Old 12-17-2007   #108

This conversation is entertaining. Do you guys decide on your responses ahead of time off the board or does this sort of synchronicity come naturally?

Quote:
All I can say is you live in a different world than the rest of us!!! I wonder if you are seeing people buy hddvd combos which will play in every dvd player. You do realize all Warner and Universal new releases are combos that have a dvd side!!! So there is no confusion about it!!
I haven't seen that many exclaimation points used in a single paragraph since the days of newsgroups. In any case, shocking as it may be, not *all* HD DVDs are "combos". From the specs listed at Amazon, only one of the Harry Potter films is a Combo... the other four are regular HD DVD. Is this mistaken? I had never heard that WB was releasing every new HD DVD as a "combo"... in fact, I had heard that they were shying away from combo-disc releases because of so many compatibility problems with players.
DaViD Boulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
black, blu, bluray, colors, earth, friday, gonna, numbers, planet, ray, revolution, sale, sales, series, showed, true, valve, video