Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Blu-ray Software

Blu-ray Software Keep up with the latest Blu-ray movie releases.

Old 12-08-2007   #67

Default Re: Blu-Ray wins on Black Friday week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
Actually I was told by one of the lead programmers at Bioware that the coding for that game was horrible which is why it took up so much space. There just wasn't a real reason to take up space. I remember when I was twelve and IBM had this screen saver that had snow falling down in front of their logo. This same friend (then only 11) said it was horrendous programming. The .exe file was about 110k and he programmed the same thing and it took up 4.5k

You can argue until you're blue in the face about the supremacy of the PS3 but in reality it's not close graphically. That is a big difference to me. It doesn't matter what happens but you can post all the technical data you want about size of this and that. Why not post results of what it's actually capable of graphically? Right because then you'd see the 360 stomps it.

It doesn't matter if it can pass more data if it can't render correctly.
LoL, lead programmer for a developer owned by M$ said so eh? You don't say. There's a surprise. Sounds like another lost confused soul who's refusing to look at programming from a different light... Then again, if Ninja Theory (The actual development team...) can code 'horribly' and make a game like Heavenly Sword...can't wait to see what they make when they code up to Bioware's standards lol. Furthermore, interesting that they can code horribly and make that, while Vavle and EA (Orange Box), and Ubisoft (Assassin's Creed) failed so efficiently, even after HS had been out for what...6 months? Go figure.

Last edited by Mornelithe; 12-08-2007 at 09:35 AM..
Mornelithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mornelithe View Post
LoL, lead programmer for a developer owned by M$ said so eh? You don't say. There's a surprise. Sounds like another lost confused soul who's refusing to look at programming from a different light... Then again, if Ninja Theory (The actual development team...) can code 'horribly' and make a game like Heavenly Sword...can't wait to see what they make when they code up to Bioware's standards lol. Furthermore, interesting that they can code horribly and make that, while Vavle and EA (Orange Box), and Ubisoft (Assassin's Creed) failed so efficiently, even after HS had been out for what...6 months? Go figure.
There are detailed white papers on the subject of the graphics of the consoles available. They all say universally that the 360 is tops and not just by a little. Also Bioware is being bought by EA and has never been owned by MS. Also he just started working at Bioware and was at Sony before that. So yeah I'll take his word over yours. Valve has said repeatedly what a PITA the PS3 is and how it's not superior to the 360. That Orange Box delay wasn't out of love of the PS3.

I posted my wifes reasons and she codes for all three. The only thing the PS3 is superior at is physics. They can have better world physics, more realistic looking water surfaces, etc. because of the Cell SPEs. They can't however have better AI or game play because they're out numbered in PPEs 3 to 1. They can't have better graphics because the 360 flat out blows away the PS3 and video cards for the PC for that matter.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007   #69

Quote:
Week old news just published....

I heard about the Sony offer on Tuesday and on Wednesday heard that MS will be doubling it.

If Business Week had been looking the week before they'd have printed the opposite thing. I said last week that Warner was officially for sale.

They are and it's an auction. Sony made a counter bid, and now MS is.
I belive you.

But what astounds me is that no one else... no other insider source or channel, has stated the same thing.

That either means you're wrong, or that you know *more* about what MS is doing with Warner than anyone else.

Can you share the company that you work for?

DaViD Boulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaViD Boulet View Post
I belive you.

But what astounds me is that no one else... no other insider source or channel, has stated the same thing.

That either means you're wrong, or that you know *more* about what MS is doing with Warner than anyone else.

Can you share the company that you work for?

Go back and look I said Warners was up for sale last week. It's now been confirmed by a major news outlet (and they say it's up for grabs). Warners can say it's about sales, but the truth is if they pick HD DVD they will point to the standalone player sales. If they pick BD they'll point to software sales for the year. Either way they're covered.

The one with the biggest check wins.

I have friends at the major corporations and the studios. I'm currently in between gigs and I've got offers from both sides of the camp.
Old 12-08-2007   #71

Wow, not sure where you get your information from, but both consoles are in fact built upon last gen's technology. Mainly DX9, neither PS3 nor the 360 could ever....ever....hope to to even dream of running a game like Crysis, seeing as you have to spend over 2 grand just to put together a PC to run it at max settings. But no, seriously, because Microsoft figured out how to outperform machines w/ over a gig of G-Ram alone, let alone the 2-4g of CPU Ram. Seriously, that statement was flawed.

This issue about difficulty of developing on PS consoles has always arisen, and it's always worked itself out. The folks at Valve showed their true colors, and as such, noone who owns a PS3 could care less about Orange Box. Valve complains and cries, and yet there are a plethora of developers (Square-Enix, Konami, Naughty Dog, Capcom, Free Radical Design, Ninja Theory, Polyphony Digital) putting out top notch material for the PS3. Quite a few of those are putting out exclusives too, which is at direct odds really, with your claim of 360 superiority. If it was so superior, why risk so much money on exclusivity to the competition? We're talking 50+ million dollar production costs, on a chance? I don't think so.

An Ex-Sony employee's word on anything regarding Sony's hardware, and now works for Bioware, is pretty much meaningless to me. Again, it's a tainted source. There was a programmer for whatever company puts out Guitar Hero or Rock Band, or one of those idiotic games, who complained about programming for the PS3. The title of that article read 'Ex-Programmer' for such and such. Notice Ex.

That's pretty cool that your wife codes for all three though.

Brian
Mornelithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mornelithe View Post
Wow, not sure where you get your information from, but both consoles are in fact built upon last gen's technology. Mainly DX9, neither PS3 nor the 360 could ever....ever....hope to to even dream of running a game like Crysis, seeing as you have to spend over 2 grand just to put together a PC to run it at max settings. But no, seriously, because Microsoft figured out how to outperform machines w/ over a gig of G-Ram alone, let alone the 2-4g of CPU Ram. Seriously, that statement was flawed.

This issue about difficulty of developing on PS consoles has always arisen, and it's always worked itself out. The folks at Valve showed their true colors, and as such, noone who owns a PS3 could care less about Orange Box. Valve complains and cries, and yet there are a plethora of developers (Square-Enix, Konami, Naughty Dog, Capcom, Free Radical Design, Ninja Theory, Polyphony Digital) putting out top notch material for the PS3. Quite a few of those are putting out exclusives too, which is at direct odds really, with your claim of 360 superiority. If it was so superior, why risk so much money on exclusivity to the competition? We're talking 50+ million dollar production costs, on a chance? I don't think so.

An Ex-Sony employee's word on anything regarding Sony's hardware, and now works for Bioware, is pretty much meaningless to me. Again, it's a tainted source. There was a programmer for whatever company puts out Guitar Hero or Rock Band, or one of those idiotic games, who complained about programming for the PS3. The title of that article read 'Ex-Programmer' for such and such. Notice Ex.

That's pretty cool that your wife codes for all three though.

Brian
Brian...

How much RAM in a machine has nothing to do with the power of the GPU. The 360 GPU is currently the most advanced GPU on the planet. ATI has a card coming out based on the design and when it hits, the whole "video card," field is going to be changed. It is so efficient it would allow a much less expensive PC play Crysis for instance.

Oh and yes it does outperform many 512MB and 1GB ram video cards. Efficiency is a pretty big deal.

Crysis is being ported to the 360. That says a little something right there.

Comparing the exclusive titles of the two systems isn't really that smart. For one both sides get paid a lot of money for exclusives. There are just so many factors. The only exclusive I really think any 360 owner actually cares about is Metal Gear Solid 4. The rest we all kind of shrug our shoulders and think of the plethora of exclusive kickass product we got.
Sponsored Links

Tags
black, blu, bluray, colors, earth, friday, gonna, numbers, planet, ray, revolution, sale, sales, series, showed, true, valve, video