Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Blu-ray Software

Blu-ray Software Keep up with the latest Blu-ray movie releases.

Old 12-07-2007   #61

Default Re: Blu-Ray wins on Black Friday week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mornelithe View Post
Most programmers would also know that a game that's specifically designed for performance on the PS3 would have to be completely reworked and redone entirely, in order to even function on the 360. I'd really like to see them chopping out 16g of data, fit it onto the 360, and have it look even remotely like the PS3 version. On top of that, most programmers also know that a game made by SCEA, would obviously never show up on a 360. Also, I'm pretty sure most programmers are aware that you can't use motion sensitive controls on a console that has no motion sensitive....controllers. Again, it would be a completely different game than what was released for the PS3. So sure, take out a ton of audio, video, motion sensitive functionality, and you got yourself a great game hehe....

Brian

Actually I was told by one of the lead programmers at Bioware that the coding for that game was horrible which is why it took up so much space. There just wasn't a real reason to take up space. I remember when I was twelve and IBM had this screen saver that had snow falling down in front of their logo. This same friend (then only 11) said it was horrendous programming. The .exe file was about 110k and he programmed the same thing and it took up 4.5k

You can argue until you're blue in the face about the supremacy of the PS3 but in reality it's not close graphically. That is a big difference to me. It doesn't matter what happens but you can post all the technical data you want about size of this and that. Why not post results of what it's actually capable of graphically? Right because then you'd see the 360 stomps it.

It doesn't matter if it can pass more data if it can't render correctly.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaViD Boulet View Post
Moose,

that can't possibly be true. Lotus is 100% format neutral... he's said so...

Not in the consoles I'm not. I'm a 360 and Wii owner and proud of it. My wife owns dev kits for all three. The 360 is the best graphically and no storage space or data transfer rates will alter that factoid. The PS3 just can't handle HD Anti-Aliasing. They back buffer upscale most games. That is a fact not some opinion.

When a fun game comes out on the PS3 I might play it and start enjoying the system but so far they have nothing to touch Mass Effect, Halo3, Forza, etc. The best games are still out on the 360.
Old 12-07-2007   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoose View Post
Do you know what your talking about?
Obviously more than you if you keep defending the PS3.

If you transfer 10 times the data of system B, yet you can't render graphics correctly...

What is the point?

It's like having a 450hp engine and the stick shift will never have anything beyond first gear. It's pretty and powerful but it just isn't a race car.

The 360 is less powerful but has a full transmition. That is the easiest analogy there is on the systems.

The only people who would say otherwise are paid by Sony or brainwashed by Sony propoganda.

Is it capable of better physics? YES. However are the SPUs easy to program for? Nope. We're 1 year into the PS3 and we still have not 1 game out that shows any kind of supremacy.

Does the BD really matter? Nope. It has no effect on games. It can help out sloppy programmers and that is about it. Maybe someday something envelope pushing will come out but as far as I know there isn't even anything in development planning on pushing the envelope.
Old 12-07-2007   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mornelithe View Post
And, this most recently published article:

http://www.tvpredictions.com/business120707.htm

Four Major studios releasing exclusively to BR, 2 for HD-DVD. Warner possibly thinking about going BR exclusive, which would give them 70% of the market.

Not a good sign for HD-DVD.

Brian
This isn't really news. I said Warners was for sale weeks ago. Last week Sony made a counter offer and MS is going to double it. So Sony will have to counter again.

MS, Toshiba, and Sony all know that the winner of the Warner auction is going to seal this war up. MS is more than willing to buy the win too.

I have no doubt that Warner is going HD DVD because I've heard the amount MS is willing to spend to make it happen and there is just no way Sony would do that. So far they aren't even halfway to what MS is willing to spend. Sony just doesn't have the funds to justify it.
Old 12-07-2007   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
I have no doubt that Warner is going HD DVD because I've heard the amount MS is willing to spend to make it happen and there is just no way Sony would do that. So far they aren't even halfway to what MS is willing to spend. Sony just doesn't have the funds to justify it.
What do you make of this then?
Warner going Blu?

"Another day, another format war rumor. Business Week has a lengthy writeup on the possibility of lone dual-format holdout Warner Brothers switching to Blu-ray exclusively, and how it could affect the outcome of the long-running feud between high-definition disc formats HD DVD and Blu-ray. The rumor gets its seed from vice-chairman of Lionsgate Michael Burns, who claims that Warner will be turning blue soon.
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoose View Post
What do you make of this then?
Warner going Blu?

"Another day, another format war rumor. Business Week has a lengthy writeup on the possibility of lone dual-format holdout Warner Brothers switching to Blu-ray exclusively, and how it could affect the outcome of the long-running feud between high-definition disc formats HD DVD and Blu-ray. The rumor gets its seed from vice-chairman of Lionsgate Michael Burns, who claims that Warner will be turning blue soon.
Week old news just published....

I heard about the Sony offer on Tuesday and on Wednesday heard that MS will be doubling it.

If Business Week had been looking the week before they'd have printed the opposite thing. I said last week that Warner was officially for sale.

They are and it's an auction. Sony made a counter bid, and now MS is.
Sponsored Links

Tags
black, blu, bluray, colors, earth, friday, gonna, numbers, planet, ray, revolution, sale, sales, series, showed, true, valve, video