Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Blu-ray Software

Blu-ray Software Keep up with the latest Blu-ray movie releases.

Old 11-19-2007   #37

Exclamation Re: Is Sony preparing to raise a white flag?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deacongreg View Post
And a product like this, should be packed with technology that is easy to use, simple to operate, and reliable. That my friends IS good use of todays technologies. Not software and firmware updates. I myself don`t want to be bothered by that stuff. Not just to watch a movie.
I guess I'm going to have to kept correcting people on this point. I've had to do two different firmware updates to my HD-DVD player so they would play certain titles correctly or at all. Also you'll notice in, I believe every single HD-DVD box an insert mentioning that you may need a firmware update to play that title.
akbungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007   #38

Default Re: Is Sony preparing to raise a white flag?

Quote:
Originally Posted by akbungle View Post
I guess I'm going to have to kept correcting people on this point. I've had to do two different firmware updates to my HD-DVD player so they would play certain titles correctly or at all. Also you'll notice in, I believe every single HD-DVD box an insert mentioning that you may need a firmware update to play that title.
Right but it doesn't take away his point that firmware updates are BAD.

He's not acting pro BD or pro HD DVD he's acting like a consumer.

I'm sure that both sides will continue to have them, but it's not a good thing at all. Firmware updates are for the geeks who want to update their systems to be as good as can be, they aren't for people who just want to put a disc in and hit play.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007   #39

Wink Re: Is Sony preparing to raise a white flag?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
Right but it doesn't take away his point that firmware updates are BAD.

He's not acting pro BD or pro HD DVD he's acting like a consumer.

I'm sure that both sides will continue to have them, but it's not a good thing at all. Firmware updates are for the geeks who want to update their systems to be as good as can be, they aren't for people who just want to put a disc in and hit play.
Wow we agree on something, but is post was referring to BD which is why I corrected him. Nothing more.
akbungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007   #40

No, I was not focusing on Blu-Ray. Though we all know, that Blu-Ray has had far more of those updates, than HD DVD. Andrew and kennyt on this forum, are tired of this stuff. Leaning now more to HD DVD because most of the Toshiba units just work, without the hassle.

I don`t want to deal with it either. I mean, come on guys, after work, family, kids, working out, church, whatever you do, when its time to get busy and you want to hear some tunes, this kind of hassle should not be there. You just want to sit down, take your slippers and socks off, and chill and get into. To see, firmware update on your HDTV, is not what I call fun.

I know there is a segment of this hobby that is into tweaking everything. I`ve never been one of those. So, updates, by anyone, will not help. akbungle had it right. No focus specifically on any format, can I just rent my HD movie, push eject, push play and chill?

That should not be to much to ask.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007   #41

I hear you all!

I went so far as to buy a PC laptop just for firmware updates and to program my Meridian 861 and G98.... That is commitment, or maybe I should be committed!
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007   #42

Smile Re: Is Sony preparing to raise a white flag?

Well, I know kennyt that you are in a special class from the rest of us!! Should you be committed? Nah!! I guess not.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
bluray, flag, incompatible, ou, raise, sony, sound, white, will