Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Blu-ray Software

Blu-ray Software Keep up with the latest Blu-ray movie releases.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2007   #25
Super Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 938
Default Re: Is Sony preparing to raise a white flag?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoose View Post
Do you have proof of that statement?
Everything I've read on here has Toshiba saying the 51G should work or May work not that it will work.
It was approved by the DVD Forum.

Universal has titles in the works.

The one person at Toshiba I talked to about it laughed it off as more negative BS from the BD camp and said "it's just another layer on the disc, but I suppose the BD triple layer and quad layer BDs will work just fine right?" Then he laughed some more. He went into the technical side of it with me, and he's right there is no reason it shouldn't work fine. Just as there was no reason the BD DLs shouldn't have worked fine (but some online were saying wouldn't work with their players). It's more negativity from opposing camps because they fear losing or some nonsense.

Or you could choose to believe Bill Hunt over at digitalbits who says it "may or may not," work. That's about as fence riding as you can get. He quotes people saying it won't, but then covers his tail with the "maybe it will." He also can't quote an actual person because the person talking likely doesn't know so they say "no you can't quote me."

Once it's not vaporware we'll all know. However lets consider the fact that if it was incompatible from the get go and they knew that, then they likely would have been saying that from the start.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007   #26
Super Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 938
Default Re: Is Sony preparing to raise a white flag?

Oh the 34GB and 51GB discs will be showcased at CES in January where Toshiba is planning to really show them off.

That would be hard to do if they don't work on a player...
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007   #27
Super Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 120
Default Re: Is Sony preparing to raise a white flag?

Oh and I love this post all together. You say "the one person at Toshiba" in your "investigation" but then rip Bill Hunt for not naming anyone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post

The one person at Toshiba I talked to about it laughed it off as more negative BS from the BD camp and said "it's just another layer on the disc, but I suppose the BD triple layer and quad layer BDs will work just fine right?" Then he laughed some more. He went into the technical side of it with me, and he's right there is no reason it shouldn't work fine. Just as there was no reason the BD DLs shouldn't have worked fine (but some online were saying wouldn't work with their players). It's more negativity from opposing camps because they fear losing or some nonsense.

Or you could choose to believe Bill Hunt over at digitalbits who says it "may or may not," work. That's about as fence riding as you can get. He quotes people saying it won't, but then covers his tail with the "maybe it will." He also can't quote an actual person because the person talking likely doesn't know so they say "no you can't quote me."
akbungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007   #28
Super Member
 
TheMoose's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Oklahoma (Go Sooners!!)
Posts: 1,243
Default Re: Is Sony preparing to raise a white flag?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
The one person at Toshiba I talked to about it laughed it off as more negative BS from the BD camp and said "it's just another layer on the disc, but I suppose the BD triple layer and quad layer BDs will work just fine right?" Then he laughed some more.
So who was the "one Guy" at Toshiba, a PR guy, the Janitor, someone in the mail room?
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007   #29
Super Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 938
Default Re: Is Sony preparing to raise a white flag?

Quote:
Originally Posted by akbungle View Post
Oh and I love this post all together. You say "the one person at Toshiba" in your "investigation" but then rip Bill Hunt for not naming anyone.
Right it's just as ambiguous.

Anyone can play that "game," if that is what it is. The difference is Bill Hunt posts on a semi-journalistic site, but I'm posting on a Forum. I doubt my friends in the industry want their names plastered around.

We will all have to wait for CES for official 34GB and 51GB demonstrations.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007   #30
Super Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 938
Default Re: Is Sony preparing to raise a white flag?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoose View Post
So who was the "one Guy" at Toshiba, a PR guy, the Janitor, someone in the mail room?

Just someone who had that information and was able to point out that the public will witness them at CES. So we wait.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Reply

Tags
bluray, flag, incompatible, ou, raise, sony, sound, white, will

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sony PS3 Movie Download Service Begins in the US This Summer - Plus Sony 2010 Plans AVRevForum.com Discuss AVRev.com News 0 06-26-2008 09:28 AM
Will lying get Hillary to the White House??? kennyt Off-Topic Posts 15 04-07-2008 12:24 PM
Sony selling OLED sets @ Sony Style kennyt Plasma and LCD HDTV 49 03-29-2008 04:05 PM
Live from Artesia, it's The White Stripes! AVarntanymore The Best in New Music 1 11-21-2007 12:05 PM




SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1