Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Blu-ray Software

Blu-ray Software Keep up with the latest Blu-ray movie releases.

Old 11-16-2007   #25

Default Re: Is Sony preparing to raise a white flag?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoose View Post
Do you have proof of that statement?
Everything I've read on here has Toshiba saying the 51G should work or May work not that it will work.
It was approved by the DVD Forum.

Universal has titles in the works.

The one person at Toshiba I talked to about it laughed it off as more negative BS from the BD camp and said "it's just another layer on the disc, but I suppose the BD triple layer and quad layer BDs will work just fine right?" Then he laughed some more. He went into the technical side of it with me, and he's right there is no reason it shouldn't work fine. Just as there was no reason the BD DLs shouldn't have worked fine (but some online were saying wouldn't work with their players). It's more negativity from opposing camps because they fear losing or some nonsense.

Or you could choose to believe Bill Hunt over at digitalbits who says it "may or may not," work. That's about as fence riding as you can get. He quotes people saying it won't, but then covers his tail with the "maybe it will." He also can't quote an actual person because the person talking likely doesn't know so they say "no you can't quote me."

Once it's not vaporware we'll all know. However lets consider the fact that if it was incompatible from the get go and they knew that, then they likely would have been saying that from the start.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007   #26

Oh the 34GB and 51GB discs will be showcased at CES in January where Toshiba is planning to really show them off.

That would be hard to do if they don't work on a player...
Old 11-16-2007   #27

Oh and I love this post all together. You say "the one person at Toshiba" in your "investigation" but then rip Bill Hunt for not naming anyone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post

The one person at Toshiba I talked to about it laughed it off as more negative BS from the BD camp and said "it's just another layer on the disc, but I suppose the BD triple layer and quad layer BDs will work just fine right?" Then he laughed some more. He went into the technical side of it with me, and he's right there is no reason it shouldn't work fine. Just as there was no reason the BD DLs shouldn't have worked fine (but some online were saying wouldn't work with their players). It's more negativity from opposing camps because they fear losing or some nonsense.

Or you could choose to believe Bill Hunt over at digitalbits who says it "may or may not," work. That's about as fence riding as you can get. He quotes people saying it won't, but then covers his tail with the "maybe it will." He also can't quote an actual person because the person talking likely doesn't know so they say "no you can't quote me."
akbungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
The one person at Toshiba I talked to about it laughed it off as more negative BS from the BD camp and said "it's just another layer on the disc, but I suppose the BD triple layer and quad layer BDs will work just fine right?" Then he laughed some more.
So who was the "one Guy" at Toshiba, a PR guy, the Janitor, someone in the mail room?
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by akbungle View Post
Oh and I love this post all together. You say "the one person at Toshiba" in your "investigation" but then rip Bill Hunt for not naming anyone.
Right it's just as ambiguous.

Anyone can play that "game," if that is what it is. The difference is Bill Hunt posts on a semi-journalistic site, but I'm posting on a Forum. I doubt my friends in the industry want their names plastered around.

We will all have to wait for CES for official 34GB and 51GB demonstrations.
Old 11-16-2007   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoose View Post
So who was the "one Guy" at Toshiba, a PR guy, the Janitor, someone in the mail room?

Just someone who had that information and was able to point out that the public will witness them at CES. So we wait.
Sponsored Links

Tags
bluray, flag, incompatible, ou, raise, sony, sound, white, will