Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Blu-ray Players

Blu-ray Players Discuss everything to do with the best in Blu-ray players.

Old 12-05-2007   #13

Thumbs up Re: Panasonic Introduces Next-Generation Blu-ray Disc Player, the DMP-BD30

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
Yeah,

I sort of have a problem.......
WEll kennyt, I know you just got the PS3, but it seems like you gotta give this new Panasonic a try. It just wouldn`t be like you if you didn`t!!
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007   #14

Cool Re: Panasonic Introduces Next-Generation Blu-ray Disc Player, the DMP-BD30

I've had my Panasonic DMP-BD30 for about a month now and I am quite pleased with it. This is my second Blu-Ray player and it is connected to a SHARP AQUOS LCD-37D62U and a Marantz 8000 5.1 surround system.
I also have a Sony PS3 in the Master Bedroom on a Panasonic 32-inch LCD TV. I've had those two working for about 9 months with no problems whatsoever.
The only 'glitch' I've experienced on the new Panasonic/Sharp combination is this:
When I switch inputs from HDMI 5 (DISH VIP-622) to HDMI 6 (Panasonic BD30), I will often see an 'Incompatible Input HDMI' message on the SHARP TV. The Panasonic Blu-Ray 'screensaver' will display, but the proportions are all wrong. THe screen is 'stretched' with a large portion not visible.
I can usually fix this by turning off the Panasonic and then turning it back on.
Has anyone seen this error on other systems? I've tried this same Panasonic on my Panasonic TV without seeing this error. So, I'm unsure if this is a Panasonic issue or a Sharp one.
Any thoughts?
TANSTAAFL!
THEGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007   #15
Tee

Default Re: Panasonic Introduces Next-Generation Blu-ray Disc Player, the DMP-BD30

It might be your sharp and the BD30 having a handshaking issues. I'm have a DISH VIP-622 & a BD30 with no issue when switching between them.
Tee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007   #16

Default Re: Panasonic Introduces Next-Generation Blu-ray Disc Player, the DMP-BD30

THEGM,

I think Tee is right. I have had HDCP handshake issues that kept me from using some players with some displays.
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEGM View Post
I've had my Panasonic DMP-BD30 for about a month now and I am quite pleased with it. This is my second Blu-Ray player and it is connected to a SHARP AQUOS LCD-37D62U and a Marantz 8000 5.1 surround system.
I also have a Sony PS3 in the Master Bedroom on a Panasonic 32-inch LCD TV. I've had those two working for about 9 months with no problems whatsoever.
The only 'glitch' I've experienced on the new Panasonic/Sharp combination is this:
When I switch inputs from HDMI 5 (DISH VIP-622) to HDMI 6 (Panasonic BD30), I will often see an 'Incompatible Input HDMI' message on the SHARP TV. The Panasonic Blu-Ray 'screensaver' will display, but the proportions are all wrong. THe screen is 'stretched' with a large portion not visible.
I can usually fix this by turning off the Panasonic and then turning it back on.
Has anyone seen this error on other systems? I've tried this same Panasonic on my Panasonic TV without seeing this error. So, I'm unsure if this is a Panasonic issue or a Sharp one.
Any thoughts?
TANSTAAFL!

Have you upgraded the firmware from V1.1 to v1.2? I read that this addressed "playability and stability" issues. I have not had any problems.
Good luck.
shainj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007   #18

Cool Re: Panasonic Introduces Next-Generation Blu-ray Disc Player, the DMP-BD30

Thanks for the quick responses.
Yep, I upgraded to 1.2 right away and that didn't seem to do anything, good or bad.
I can always get around the handshake issue. It seems that the Sharp is not happy if I switch it from DISH (HDMI 5) to Panny (HDMI 6) with the BD30 already on. If I switch first, then turn on the BD30, 'usually' no problem. If I do have one, then I can power cycle the BD30 and it clears it up.
Kind of annoying, but I really do love the quality I'm getting with the 1080P Sharp display and the BD30. I'll send some queries off to Sharp and Panasonic, just for grins. Maybe they will actually respond.
TANSTAAFL!
THEGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
10, 20, 30, audio, blu, blue, bluray, disc, generation, only, panasonic, player, players, profile, ray