Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Blu-ray Players

Blu-ray Players Discuss everything to do with the best in Blu-ray players.

Old 10-19-2007   #1

Smile Transformers DVD looks good on PS3.

Just got a copy of The Transformers DVD from a friend and I was checking out the movie on my 46inch Sony Bravia and my PS3 which upconverts to 1080p and I can truly say looks great! I really can not see any differance between the 1080p HD Trailors I downloaded from the PS3 store and the standard DVD set. The sound is good but the PCM sounds on blu-ray still sound much better. If you have a PS3 a HD-TV you will be happy with the DVD and not having this on Blu-ray is really no big loss.
Jast3r Rogu3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008   #2

Default Re: Transformers DVD looks good on PS3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jast3r Rogu3 View Post
Just got a copy of The Transformers DVD from a friend and I was checking out the movie on my 46inch Sony Bravia and my PS3 which upconverts to 1080p and I can truly say looks great! I really can not see any differance between the 1080p HD Trailors I downloaded from the PS3 store and the standard DVD set. The sound is good but the PCM sounds on blu-ray still sound much better. If you have a PS3 a HD-TV you will be happy with the DVD and not having this on Blu-ray is really no big loss.
This is a strange saying. Everyone downs upconverting but not having Transformers on BD is no loss?! I was disappointed with Transformers because I grew up with them and I didn't like the story line, but it was full of eye candy. This may prove the theory that the average person really doesn't care about HD, that upconversion is enough for most people.
prerich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by prerich View Post
. . . I was disappointed with Transformers because I grew up with them and I didn't like the story line, but it was full of eye candy. . .
+1.

I did not like the story much either after growing up with the cartoons and toys.
They sort of screwed up the characters and story line.

The special effects were great though.
rlpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008   #4
Banned

Hi, Jast3r Rogu3.
I certainly agree with you.
Thanks a lot for sharing this nice thought.
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
audio, blu, bluray, copied, dvd, good, movies, ps, ps3, ray, software, sound, store, transformers, transformersdvd, upconvert