Audio Video Revolution Forum

Audio Video Revolution Forum (http://www.avrev.com/forum/index.php)
-   Blu-ray Players (http://www.avrev.com/forum/blu-ray-players-24/)
-   -   What is the best Blu-ray player on the market right now? (http://www.avrev.com/forum/blu-ray-players/735-what-best-blu-ray-player-market-right-now.html)

AVRevForum.com 09-18-2007 07:11 PM

What is the best Blu-ray player on the market right now?

Many still prefer the PS3 but what is your favorite Blu-ray player on the market right now?

kennyt 09-18-2007 07:30 PM

Re: What is the best Blu-ray player on the market right now?

Hmmmm...

While I love the picture of my Sony BDP-S1, the Samsung BDP-1200 is the closest to a conventional DVD player I have found and the picture is utterly stunning.

On the flip side, the Samsung doesn;t like my switcher/amp/TV combo and causes me problems that have it relegated to the bedroom so I guess I would put my BDP-S1 at the top for my rooms.

KT

TheMoose 09-18-2007 07:57 PM

For now I'm sticking with my PS3, it is a very good player.
Now I will eventually get a standalone player, a Sony ES or a Denon perhaps but for the $$$ difference I'm not seeing enough picture quality difference so I'll wait a bit since the PS3 is doing so well right now.

eric 09-20-2007 04:06 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by AVRevForum.com (Post 3018)
Many still prefer the PS3 but what is your favorite Blu-ray player on the market right now?

My favourite blu ray player is the Sony bdps1es uk model it plays cd and outputs DTS HD master through 5.1 analogue. I had ps3 but found out the bdps1es is better for sound quality and picture quality. Thanks

System meridian G68j 598dvd, 2 557, 1 556 power amps, m33center, Sony blue ray bdps1es, Sony pearl 1080p projector. Grndview cyber series 16.9 8-foot electric screen. Panasonic 42in 1080p plasma TV. Front Dali helicon 400, Dali in wall back speakers, Snell ps10sub, Chord signature cables all round. X-box 360HD add on. And ISOTEK power supply and cables. Installed it all my self

JerryDelColliano 09-24-2007 12:17 PM

The Denon unit promises to be very good but I don't know anyone who has it.

The Samsung BDP1200 is the video calibroator's choice from what I can tell. My BDP1000 was a POS. The 1200 is supposedly WAY better. To be fair my Toshiba XA1 was even more of a POS...

kennyt 09-24-2007 01:36 PM

I never had problems with the BDP-1000 except when I had to update the firmware to get it to play Pirates of the Carribean. Sure a little slow, but mechanically it worked, far better than the XA1.... That was the biggest dog on the market.