Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Blu-ray Players

Blu-ray Players Discuss everything to do with the best in Blu-ray players.

Old 01-05-2008   #31

Smile What is the best Blu-ray player?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tee View Post
What is the best Blu-ray player on the market right now?

Panasonic DMP-BD30K............hands down!
Tee,

I agree, after spending a lot of time researching all of the players (no pun intended), I settled on the BD30. On the plus side besides providing outstanding BD performance is the ability to show JPG pictures form either a CD or Secure Digital (SD) card. The ability to view photos from my EOS 5D in HiRes is a feature that I now appreciate after having the player for almost a month. What a great way of displaying pictures! The only downside is the BD30 will not read JPG's if they are stored on a DVD (ISO 9660 formatted) disc. I hope that Panasonic will revise the firmware to provide that capability.
Ken S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008   #32

Default Re: What is the best Blu-ray player on the market right now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
Then the combo drive that is just now shipping is the answer. It has firmware updates already in place that allow it to play every title currently on the market.
Which combo drive are you talking about? There are two new ones that are just now shipping. One from Samsung and one from LG.
mitch57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008   #33

Can someone recomend a Blu-ray player that has a good up conversion chip for SD Disks. I was thinking of getting the Samsung BD-UP5000 because it has a reon Chip for SD upconversion and is supposed to have a great sd output but I read a few reviews on Amazon that said they purchased the player since it came out in January and it is pretty buggy. It only does Dolby True HD in 2 channels and freezes up and must be re booted from time to time. Is there a blu-ray player in the $500 range that has a similar Reon type chip for upconversion. I have several hundred DVD's and would like to get the best picture from them as I build my Blu-ray collection.
CliffH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008   #34
rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffH View Post
Can someone recomend a Blu-ray player that has a good up conversion chip for SD Disks. I was thinking of getting the Samsung BD-UP5000 because it has a reon Chip for SD upconversion and is supposed to have a great sd output but I read a few reviews on Amazon that said they purchased the player since it came out in January and it is pretty buggy. It only does Dolby True HD in 2 channels and freezes up and must be re booted from time to time. Is there a blu-ray player in the $500 range that has a similar Reon type chip for upconversion. I have several hundred DVD's and would like to get the best picture from them as I build my Blu-ray collection.
Cliff,
Since current console players won't be upgradeable to 2.0, the only BR player that it makes sense to buy now is the PS3. However, I believe The Reon-VX HQV video processor is available in the high end Denon DVD-2500BTCI Blu transport, and the lower end model Samsung BD-P1200 Blu player. See:
http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post...of-player.html

Last edited by rex; 02-19-2008 at 12:07 PM.. Reason: link addition
rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008   #35

Thumbs up Re: What is the best Blu-ray player on the market right now?

I`m saying this based on primarily, all the feedback given on this forum from owners of Blu-Ray players. From what I have read and heard, I agree with rex, the SONY PS3, seems to take a licking, and keep on ticking. When you consider everything that has gone on with Blu-Ray players, slow load up times, firmware updates, movies not playing, the PS3 has been by far, the most reliable.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008   #36

I've had a PS3 since launch & it has never once failed to play a Blu-Ray movie.
I do have it connected via WiFi to my computer & I do all the firmware updates.

It'll continue to be my Blu-Ray player until the Profile 2.0 players are released & I plan on using my tax rebate on a standalone player because while the PS3 works it is not the "best" player out there.
The standalones do the audio & video better.

If you are jumping on the Blu wagon now that the war is over & want to get in with the biggest bang for the buck then get a 40G PS3 for $399 & enjoy while you wait for a standalone.
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
bang, blu, blue, blueray, bluray, buck, digital, favorite, market, player, ray, reon, rite, secure, whats