Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Blu-ray Players

Blu-ray Players Discuss everything to do with the best in Blu-ray players.

Old 11-27-2007   #19

Default Re: What is the best Blu-ray player on the market right now?

Ken S,

I just can't bring myself to sell the DV-50s, in fact I got Silver Supra to buy one as well and he's hooked. In it's price range I have found no universal player come close to matching it, and it's built like a tank!

Lotus,

While I am interested in the newer combo players, first there isn't a $500 HD DVD player, and you could still get one of each for less. Do you have the BDUP 5000 already? You stud! Let us know how you find it, I am eager to know.
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
Ken S,

I just can't bring myself to sell the DV-50s, in fact I got Silver Supra to buy one as well and he's hooked. In it's price range I have found no universal player come close to matching it, and it's built like a tank!

Lotus,

While I am interested in the newer combo players, first there isn't a $500 HD DVD player, and you could still get one of each for less. Do you have the BDUP 5000 already? You stud! Let us know how you find it, I am eager to know.
The A35 is $499. I hear they replaced the HQV processor with the new DVDO.

Street on the unit is around $450. You can't get a BD player for $300 currently.

You can however get the Combo for $770. It's 1080p and uses the HQV processor. So it's pretty stout. That is why I compare it to having the $500 HD DVD player and a great BD player. To be fair it's like having an XA2 and a BD player in one unit.

So far from what I've seen it excells at playing BD, HD DVD, and DVD. I haven't thrown a CD on it yet, but I just might.

While you can get two of the HD format players for around $770 you would be getting a 1080i player and a 1080p player. Here its all out 1080p with an amazing video processor.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007   #21

Thumbs up Re: What is the best Blu-ray player on the market right now?

kennyt is right. The Esoteric gear is great, built well, and will play just about any disc. So is the Linn SC and 1.1. Until its definite that you can play SACD and DVD-A as well as HD and Blu-Rays together, you gotta keep your universal. They were made especially for these two formats, anyway.

And, the Esoteric looks wonderful.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007   #22

Question Re: What is the best Blu-ray player on the market right now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
I've been comparing the Samsung BDUP5000 with other units. For all I can tell its PQ is equal to the best I've seen. The AQ is amazing as well. The initial loading time...

That's the problem it takes it I swear an extra 15 seconds to decide it's a BD disc and get into BD mode. However I'll take that extra 15 seconds to have combo.

I generally think Universal players don't exceed at any one thing. However this is really different. The devices are the same for the most part using the same codecs. So there is no real difference like SACD vs DVD A. It uses the same processing for both.

If you can get one at a street price of $750 or so I'd say buy one. It's like buying the $500 HD DVD player and a nice BD player.

It's a steal.
Lotus,

I have looked just about everywhere for one, so where can one obtain a BD-UP5000?

Ken S
Ken S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007   #23
Tee

What is the best Blu-ray player on the market right now?

Panasonic DMP-BD30K............hands down!
Tee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007   #24

How can that be? It sucks majorly at deinterlacing 1080i Blu-ray content and even worse at upconverting standard DVDs. Also, it can't internally decode the new TrueHD and DTS Master HD audio formats. It can only send them out bitstream to a receiver capable of decoding them. While not a problem on my end, most people do not have a receiver capable of this. Then you are SOL and stuck with a core DD or DTS track.

The Samsung BD-P1400 excels everywhere the Panasonic fails.

Last edited by tigeraudio2007; 11-28-2007 at 06:14 PM..
tigeraudio2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
bang, blu, blue, blueray, bluray, buck, digital, favorite, market, player, ray, reon, rite, secure, whats