Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Blu-ray Players

Blu-ray Players Discuss everything to do with the best in Blu-ray players.

Old 04-29-2010   #1

Default unable play Avatar blu ray

I'm not able to play the Blu Ray copy of Avatar on my Samsung BD-C5500. I get a red screen that tells me to upgrade my firmware. However, I have the latest copy of the Samsung firmware. I contacted Samsung's support via the live chat on their website and they acknowledged that numerous customers had complained about the same issue. However, they told me that I should try with another copy of the disc and it should fix the problem. This makes no sense to me. They have yet to acknowledge they need a firmware update even though multiple people are having the same problem.
ww927bin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010   #2

Cool Re: unable play Avatar blu ray

Your problem has been solved!

From Engadget HD

Samsung fixes Avatar Blu-ray problems with firmware updates

Being stuck with a Blu-ray player that couldn't handle what is (probably) the most popular movie on the format of all-time sounds like a bit of a problem, which Samsung has moved quickly to resolve with firmware updates for its BD-UP5000 (to version 1.5) and BD-P1400 (to version 2.13) Blu-ray players. Forum reports indicate all is well on Pandora once users have upgraded to the new versions with no lingering BD+ DRM issues getting in their way. Of course, the question of why legitimate buyers had to wait several days just to play a movie that was still ripped and redistributed without copy protection as soon as it launched remains unanswered. So is anyone else still having Avatar playback problems, or is all well in your high bitrate neck of the woods?
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010   #3

Default Re: unable play Avatar blu ray

ok! thanks
ww927bin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
avatar, bd, blu, bluray, dvd, firmware, frozen, play, player, ray, samsung, sound, up5000, update, wont