Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Blu-ray Players

Blu-ray Players Discuss everything to do with the best in Blu-ray players.

Old 08-22-2010   #37

Default Re: Ayre DX-5 at $10,000 is a rebadged $500 OPPO.

"Steve Bruzonsky" is really Doug Winsor impersonating me and he has been banned from this and a number of other home theater forums using my name. The real "Steve Bruzonsky" posts under this name at AVS Forum since 1999 and he also has and luvs a Marantz UD9004 universal blu ray player.
Old 09-03-2010   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bruzonsky View Post
Even if one thought that the ayre had better 2ch analog why not just use the new oppo SE version that uses 4x 32bit DAC's for 2ch output, you won't find anything close to that in a ayre product.
So what is your hidden agenda?

Update: Steve Bruzonsky is a rebadge williammaxtor, who is a rebadge Asahikase,i who is a rebadge,...flooding (Trolling) all over the net with all the same pictures.

Unable to prove a point about processor, he's now trying the same with cd player.

If you're not interested with hifi, why don't you find something that will give you some passion.
doramider7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinger View Post
Capitan Stereo: If you intend to defend the indefensible, at least not to injure people who think differently. I wonder if you might be able to perform a blind audio test between the teams, OPPO BDP-83 Special Edition Blu-ray Disc Player vs. Ayre DX-5
Think about it before criticizing .... Or you have already lost U.S. $ 10,000 ????.....
I own the Oppo as a matter of fact and had the privilege of taking home on loan the DX-5. It wasn't close. My little Oppo is a great player, as everyone knows. But the Ayre crushed it sonically and it wasn't close. Visually it was closer because of course, Ayre uses the core video components of the Oppo (which they have been very frank about and very complimentary to Oppo about, unlike Lexicon for example who truly did just rebadge it). BUT, the Ayre was still better and why you ask? Well, power supplies do matter, and internal circuit/component layout does matter, and it added up to the Ayre having a somewhat cleaner picture. No insult to the Oppo. So does owning the Oppo, bringing home the Ayre and directly comparing it to the DX-5 count as a valid comparison in your view?
Captain Stereo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010   #40

Cool Re: Ayre DX-5 at $10,000 is a rebadged $500 OPPO.

Speaking about OPPO'S performance on both the audio and video formats.With some more affordable and yet high quality BLU-RAY players on the market,in what ways is it really that much superior in performance.Some reviews indicate that the Blu-Ray performance is not that much superior,but the OPPOBDP-83 really shines in superior performance with regular DVD'S and in the audio department,loke for playing CD'S.I hope that the superior performance in regular DVD'S also includes TV series as well as the movies.
xsavoie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010   #41

Gentlemen
By accident I came across this thread and was shocked (in a good way that is) because I never knew that Ayre has a product like th DX-5. I never listened to any of the amps or players or anything else from Ayre ... well not the Oppo's either... but I know what credible people like Richard Hardesty and Shaun Buettner at Audio Perfectionist writes about the Ayre electronics.......

Hmm, I'm from a country of trolls, sometimes I'm even called a Troll.... Trolls can sometimes be good you know, at least I hope...

So thx guys.... now it's time for me to Audition Ayre DX-5, hope it's possible around here

(Actually this is my first post at this forum)

Last edited by haraldo; 11-29-2010 at 02:12 PM..
haraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010   #42

The Ayre DX-5 is, perhaps, the best stand alone disc player manufactured today relative to playing virtually everything on a 5" disc with superb audio resolution and fidelity.

Using the Oppo transport is simply smart. Why reinvent the wheel?

The power supplies and DAC's make this piece ultra high-end and worth the $$$.
ChiefTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
audio, ayre, bd30, blu, bluray, compli, cx7emp, digital, dx, dx5, dx7, lexicon, oppo, player, ray, rebadged, theta