Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Blu-ray Players

Blu-ray Players Discuss everything to do with the best in Blu-ray players.

Old 02-03-2010   #31

Default Re: Ayre DX-5 at $10,000 is a rebadged $500 OPPO.

Here's something that could finally infuse a little glimpse of passion in troll's life:

http://www.knittinghelp.com/
http://www.handmade-craft-ideas.com/
Daniel-a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010   #32
Banned

Again, I am the only person providing any information about the ayre product so how am I the troll?
Steve Bruzonsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010   #33
Banned

Ayre and charles are now downplaying HDMI 1.4 and 3D.
Old 02-23-2010   #34
Banned

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showp...&postcount=499

You have to read this, I was reading through the ayre thread on avs since I have not posted there for 6 months and it turns out that ayre has not even measured jitter in the DX-5 despite talking up and down how it is better then anything on the market. Charles Hansen of ayre is your tpyical snake oil sales man, he will sound intelligent at first glance but one you read into his postings one will realise he has no understanding about the aspects of audio, let alone jitter. Keep it up Charles Hansen you are just digging yourself a deeper hole.
Old 02-28-2010   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Stereo View Post
Why do people insist on calling something that uses a transport from another manufacturer (or whatever the core part may be) a rebadge, and "snake oil"? Because frankly you don't know what you're talking about and it just makes you look like another Yugo-driving, Timex-wearing, Mobile home-living simpleton ignoramus. Yup, all Ayre changed was the complete analog audio section (an area in which they have a wee bit of expertise), a massively upgraded power supply (which affects everything), a better layout of the internal components (again, benefits everything), and throws in a USB DAC that tops their own QB-9 in performance (the QB-9 by the way was just named Stereophile Component of the Year). Is $10,000 a lot of money? Of course it is. But just because you can't afford it doesn't mean it doesn't have value to someone seeking the best. And Ayre is quick to point out how phenomenal the Oppo is, particularly for the price they offer it at. So no, I'm not bashing the Oppo. It is a fantastic player. But just as an AMG-modded Mercedes bests a stock unit, so too does the Ayre DX-5 top the Oppo. Talking about the dollars is a value judgment which is a personal matter and I don't care, nor does anyone else, if you don't see the value in it.
Capitan Stereo: If you intend to defend the indefensible, at least not to injure people who think differently. I wonder if you might be able to perform a blind audio test between the teams, OPPO BDP-83 Special Edition Blu-ray Disc Player vs. Ayre DX-5
Think about it before criticizing .... Or you have already lost U.S. $ 10,000 ????.....
stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010   #36
Banned

Even now charles is saying that there will be improved performances over a HDMI connection, this man is living in a audiophool world.
Sponsored Links

Tags
audio, ayre, bd30, blu, bluray, compli, cx7emp, digital, dx, dx5, dx7, lexicon, oppo, player, ray, rebadged, theta