Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Blu-ray Players

Blu-ray Players Discuss everything to do with the best in Blu-ray players.

Old 01-18-2010   #19

Default Re: Ayre DX-5 at $10,000 is a rebadged $500 OPPO.

Fake steve

Majority of people that are going to be buying this player won't be buying it for the video or using the HDMI. Majority of the people who are going to be buying it are buying it for 2 channel audio playback of SACD, BD audio, DVD-A and USB playback of HD master audio files.

Having heard both the DX5 and the Oppo SE I can tell you the Ayre is superior.. even using their DACs. I'm willing to be you've heard neither but are stuck on the 'specs' reading better. And yes... the power supply IS relevant.

I'm pretty sure the Ayre has probably been benchmarked. They don't just toss things together and not benchmark/voice them. You won't find anything published though because it hasn't even started production. There are two pre-production units used at RMAF and CES. Magazines are lining up to get their grubby little hands on production units for testing. You'll see the goods then.
AD Wiegert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010   #20
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD Wiegert View Post
Fake steve

Majority of people that are going to be buying this player won't be buying it for the video or using the HDMI. Majority of the people who are going to be buying it are buying it for 2 channel audio playback of SACD, BD audio, DVD-A and USB playback of HD master audio files.

Having heard both the DX5 and the Oppo SE I can tell you the Ayre is superior.. even using their DACs. I'm willing to be you've heard neither but are stuck on the 'specs' reading better. And yes... the power supply IS relevant.

I'm pretty sure the Ayre has probably been benchmarked. They don't just toss things together and not benchmark/voice them. You won't find anything published though because it hasn't even started production. There are two pre-production units used at RMAF and CES. Magazines are lining up to get their grubby little hands on production units for testing. You'll see the goods then.
You heard a difference, well then that's all the proof I need. The oppo SE run far better DACs then the ayre so I think you were listening with your eyes as most "audiophiles" do. If ayre is a serious company they would send in a unit to audioholics to have it tested or are they afraid of what happened with the lexicon BD-30?
Steve Bruzonsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010   #21

I've pointed charles towards this thread. Ayre is most definitely a serious company and I'm sure as soon as the units are IN PRODUCTION (as they aren't yet) then audioholics will be able to test a unit.

I'm not sure how one listens with their eyes. I listen with my ears. When I first heard the DX5 I didn't even know that's what I was listening too because the gear was stuffed in the corner and surrounded by people. I didn't even know Ayre had produced it or anything about it. I just sat and listened to music... and it sounded so good I asked afterwards what player they were using... if it was a new R series player because it sounded better than anything they'd produced before... and yes, it sounds better than the SE who's DACs you seem to be stuck on.

You never did answer my question.... if you've ever actually listened to either piece of equipment.
Old 01-19-2010   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel-a View Post
So what is your hidden agenda?

Update: Steve Bruzonsky is a rebadge williammaxtor, who is a rebadge Asahikase,i who is a rebadge,...flooding (Trolling) all over the net with all the same pictures.

Unable to prove a point about processor, he's now trying the same with cd player.

If you're not interested with hifi, why don't you find something that will give you some passion.
HA HA he's back posing as another user. Looks like the new admins don't know the history on this guy.
rlpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010   #23

I found this post googling to find CES coverage of the DX-5.... Now after more research I see what you mean. I've found this exact post by the same person multiple times on every single audio video forum I could find plus some blogs.

Looks like someone is more concerned about trying to tarnish Ayre than with audio. Personal agenda much? Looks like someone needs to get a life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlpiii View Post
HA HA he's back posing as another user. Looks like the new admins don't know the history on this guy.
Old 01-22-2010   #24
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD Wiegert View Post
I found this post googling to find CES coverage of the DX-5.... Now after more research I see what you mean. I've found this exact post by the same person multiple times on every single audio video forum I could find plus some blogs.

Looks like someone is more concerned about trying to tarnish Ayre than with audio. Personal agenda much? Looks like someone needs to get a life.
A typical high end response when someone it trying to educate people about the scam of highend audio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD Wiegert
I've pointed charles towards this thread. Ayre is most definitely a serious company and I'm sure as soon as the units are IN PRODUCTION (as they aren't yet) then audioholics will be able to test a unit.

I'm not sure how one listens with their eyes. I listen with my ears. When I first heard the DX5 I didn't even know that's what I was listening too because the gear was stuffed in the corner and surrounded by people. I didn't even know Ayre had produced it or anything about it. I just sat and listened to music... and it sounded so good I asked afterwards what player they were using... if it was a new R series player because it sounded better than anything they'd produced before... and yes, it sounds better than the SE who's DACs you seem to be stuck on.

You never did answer my question.... if you've ever actually listened to either piece of equipment.
They are in production and one installer off of avsforums has installed a couple already. If ayre is a serious company then they will submit a unit for testing to audioholics and after that test I will support whatever audioholics finds. How was the ayre hooked up to the system you were listening to? Sorry but the ayre runs the DSD1796 BB DAC which is a common DAC that most receivers run and the new SE oppo runs a 32 bit ESS DAC with 4 DAC's per channel in 2 channel mode which far outperformes the ayre. listening is subjective and unless you did a DBT you can not say you listened either.
Steve Bruzonsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
audio, ayre, bd30, blu, bluray, compli, cx7emp, digital, dx, dx5, dx7, lexicon, oppo, player, ray, rebadged, theta