Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Blu-ray Players

Blu-ray Players Discuss everything to do with the best in Blu-ray players.

Old 05-17-2009   #7

Thumbs down Re: Blu-Ray: RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbinck View Post
I have to agree with most of that. Not the Blu-ray becoming road kill, though.
Did you even read the post you agreed with?

I guess you agree with this guy too?

Blu-Ray is here to stay, To say that DVD sales are still largely in favor of DVD is obvious but is not the same as saying Blu-Ray is dead!
New companies are introducing players & the prices are dropping.
As sales of HDTV's increase so will Blu-Ray sales.
Blu-Ray may never completely overtake DVD sales but it's a long way from the niche products like laser discs or vinyl records!!
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009   #8
rex

Default Re: Blu-Ray: RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoose View Post
Blu-Ray may never completely overtake DVD sales but it's a long way from the niche products like laser discs or vinyl records!!
I agree. In fact, in the short time since the demise of HD-DVD, Blu-ray has rapidly gained market share much faster than most people predicted, and that despite a global recession. The only question now remaining is if, and how long before, both DVD and BDs are replaced by online downloads. Personally, I believe both disc formats will remain strong for many years to come, with BD continuing to gain market share. Still, it is kind of ironic that so many newer BD players have download/streaming capabilities built in; I guess the BD player manufacturers see the writing on the wall.

Last edited by rex; 05-21-2009 at 08:14 AM..
rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
audio, blu, blueray, bluray, downloads, forum, forums, music, player, ray, rip, ripping, rips, sound, video