Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Blu-ray Players

Blu-ray Players Discuss everything to do with the best in Blu-ray players.

Old 05-11-2009   #13
Administrator

Default Re: New Sony Blu-Ray players with WiFi

That player should look much better with a Blu-ray disc than it will with a SD disc. Using a SD disc in it the video will be up-converted, but chances are the up-converter in your TV may be just as good. Also SD DVDs are interlaced native and if the deinterlacer and pull-down is done in the player for a 1080p/24 output, it may not be as good as letting the TV do it. I assume your talking about 1080p at 24 fps.
rbinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009   #14

Hmmm.. Doesnt sound too great to me

Ray
Ray Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009   #15
Administrator

Ray, please do not embed those invisible images in your posts.
Old 08-26-2009   #16

Hi, new member here. I'm sure these questions have been asked before, I just can't find them.

I am contemplating getting a wireless modem to connect to my Sony BDPS550 and Sony KDL-52XBR6. I realize that the best solution would be to run a Cat5 cable to each however the distance is well over 100' away. Neither the Blu-ray or the LCD have built in WiFi.

1. Without breaking the bank, what type of wireless modem would you recommend? Keep in mind the 100' distance.
2. What do I need at the other end to receive the signal? From there I could run two short Cat5 cables to each.

Thanks!

Last edited by BlueMonday; 08-26-2009 at 08:54 AM..
BlueMonday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009   #17
Administrator

You probably want to get a wireless router for the source and a wireless access point for the DVD player.
Old 09-17-2009   #18

Sony BDP-S560 seems to be a great player. Now with inclusion of Wi-Fi, sales will surely increase.
pooja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
2009, announced, blu, blue, bluray, ces, fi, forums, player, players, ray, sony, summer, wi, wifi