Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Blu-ray Players

Blu-ray Players Discuss everything to do with the best in Blu-ray players.

Old 12-26-2008   #1

Default need help

Watched our first blu-ray dvd last night on brand new pani bd-35 dvd player & brand new pani plasma 58" tv on thx mode. Great treat in both in sound and vision. While watching The Dark Night the aspect ratio kept switing from letter box to full screen depending on the sceene. Connection was hdmi direct from dvd to tv. Can anyone help me understand why this happen. Thanks T. J.
tjtrout20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008   #2
rex

Default Re: need help

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjtrout20 View Post
Watched our first blu-ray dvd last night on brand new pani bd-35 dvd player & brand new pani plasma 58" tv on thx mode. Great treat in both in sound and vision. While watching The Dark Night the aspect ratio kept switing from letter box to full screen depending on the sceene. Connection was hdmi direct from dvd to tv. Can anyone help me understand why this happen. Thanks T. J.
I don't have any direct experience with your player, however most players have a setting in the setup menu for selecting the aspect ratio of the display being used. Make sure this is set to 16x9 instead of "auto". Likewise with the setting on the display, make sure it is set to either 16x9 or "Just Scan". These settings should fix the problem.
rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008   #3

Quote:
I believe this may be a feature of the DVD. I think when they mastered the DVD they inserted some shots from the IMAX version which is causing the switching. You might want to look at the Setup feature on the DVD to see whether you can toggle it on and off. Let us know. I'm sure the question is going to come up again.
faberryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008   #4

Quote:
All the scenes shot in IMAX format are full screen & the rest of the movie is in letterbox.
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
bd35, blu, bluray, dark, full, knight, letterbox, plasma, ray, screen, switching