Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Blu-ray Players

Blu-ray Players Discuss everything to do with the best in Blu-ray players.

Old 08-31-2009   #55

Default Re: OPPO BDP-83 Bluray player

Incidentally, I found a contest where you can enter to win a free Oppo BDP-83 bluray player here: http://www.sweepstar.com/sweepstakes...sacd-dvd-audi/. Pretty cool.
mccoy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009   #56

I would love to get this unit. I'm still on 1080i though. But I'm a HUGE DVD Audio proponent, but this would allow me to get some SACD's as well. On the video side, everything I have is 1080i, so I would need to upgrade my Denon 3805 and my 65" Mitsubishi.
Old 09-08-2009   #57

I have a few DVD-A's in my collection. I bought some off the DTS website a couple years ago, but that site is gone.

Is there anywhere I can find DVD-A for sale other than E-Bay?
ChiefTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009   #58

Chief, I buy from www.5point1.com and www.acousticsounds.com. You can also try www.Buy.com and www.CDUniverse.com

Steven

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefTK View Post
I have a few DVD-A's in my collection. I bought some off the DTS website a couple years ago, but that site is gone.

Is there anywhere I can find DVD-A for sale other than E-Bay?
Old 09-09-2009   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbell View Post
Chief, I buy from www.5point1.com and www.acousticsounds.com. You can also try www.Buy.com and www.CDUniverse.com

Steven
Steven, thank you very much for the site information. I really like the audio quality of the DTS 5.1 discs and will submit an order this evening.
ChiefTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedric Malone View Post
hai,

It Oppo BDP-83 Universal Blu-ray PlayerOppo Digital may not be the most recognized name on the block, but if you’ve used its products in the past, you’ll certainly remember it. Oppo has been in the DVD player market for a few years now and does all of its business online. You won’t find its products stocked in your local Best Buy or specialty retailer, so the brand doesn’t have the broad market awareness of other Blu-ray player manufacturers. But Oppo’s DVD players have a loyal following and offer incredible performance for the dollar. Oppo’s reputation for excellent performance at a lower price point and its outstanding customer support quickly gained a big following. So it’s been with bated breath that many of us have waited for Oppo to enter the Blu-ray market.
You just quoted the opening paragraph of Kris Deering's review of the Oppo BDP-83 in the September issue of Home Theater magazine. Were you going to give credit to Mr. Deering? Is there a reason for your post?
mdanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
83, bdp33, bdp83, blu, bluray, date, forum, forums, january, manual, oppo, owner, player, ray, release