Audio Video Revolution Forum

Audio Video Revolution Forum (http://www.avrev.com/forum/index.php)
-   Blu-ray Players (http://www.avrev.com/forum/blu-ray-players-24/)
-   -   OPPO BluRay (http://www.avrev.com/forum/blu-ray-players/2634-oppo-bluray.html)

jbk 10-21-2008 05:36 PM

OPPO BluRay

Is the any news on when the OPPO bluray player will start shipping?

Will there be any tests of the Sony 550 or the new Integra Blu Ray players?

I'd like to get something to go with my Samsung PN50A650 that will up convert conventional DVD's to 1080p with picture quality on par with the OPPO's.

JBK

wes 10-22-2008 09:15 AM

Re: OPPO BluRay

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbk (Post 18240)
Is the any news on when the OPPO bluray player will start shipping? Will there be any tests of the Sony 550 or the new Integra Blu Ray players? I'd like to get something to go with my Samsung PN50A650 that will up convert conventional DVD's to 1080p with picture quality on par with the OPPO's. JBK

Someone will test them all, at $329 I didn't want to wait and see which is best from what 5 have seen and read the BDP-S550 is mine on it's way compliment of Amazon.

When Oppo decides to release their player then I will see if I need to upgrade but in the mean time the BDP-S301 will go to the gym so I can exercise in Blu Ray :) and enjoy the new BDP-S550 on the 2:35 128" Stewart Film Screen home cinema :)
The Sony BDP-S550 passed all the silicon optix tests in both High Def and DVD so here is your answer

DaViD Boulet 10-24-2008 10:09 AM

Quote:

Will there be any tests of the Sony 550 or the new Integra Blu Ray players?
Dan Ramer just did an outstanding review of the Sony 550 which he likes very much. Based on his experience I'm purchasing one as my new primary player to replace my PS3 (I'd like to bitstream advanced audio, among other things).

When the Oppo comes out, if it's noticably better, the Sony 550 would make a very nice additional player for the living room.

jbk 10-25-2008 09:06 AM

I'm going to have to spend a lot more money than this for a Blu Ray. I'm going to be replacing my Krell CDP as standalone . I doubt anything in this range will sound as good.

The Oppo's seem to have received great reviews as all around players. It could potentially be my CD and DVD A source as well.

I haven't seen any reviews on the Pioneer Elites, Denon or Marantz top line combination players.

And, I certainly can't spend big dollars on Classe', Meridian, etc type players.

Plus, I can have aftermarket upgrades to the OPPO's.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

JBK

HT Junky 10-25-2008 06:18 PM

I just purchased the DV-983H (see other post).

I bought this player primarily for its DVD playback. I also wanted it for SACD and DVD Audio as well, but to a lesser extent. It does all of these very well. DVD playback is as good as I have seen in my system.

While its CD performance is good, it is not up to par with my Simaudio Moon Equinox. I also get better performance with virtually any digital transport feeding the Benchmark DAC1, including Apple lossless music on AppleTV.

guit30 05-17-2012 01:01 AM

My Oppo 980H is a great SACD player and DVD-Audio player for 168.