Audio Video Revolution Forum

Audio Video Revolution Forum (http://www.avrev.com/forum/index.php)
-   Blu-ray Players (http://www.avrev.com/forum/blu-ray-players-24/)
-   -   Samsung Bluray BDP1400 not playing all discs (http://www.avrev.com/forum/blu-ray-players/2594-samsung-bluray-bdp1400-not-playing-all-discs.html)

andytk5 10-05-2008 08:40 AM

Samsung Bluray BDP1400 not playing all discs

I have the BDP1400 that will play the blurays just fine, after going thru EVERY DAMN AD in the beggining... Just have to fast forward. Now other people that own this model, do you have to stop the movie, and go into the "player's" menu to change from bitstream to PCM when you switch from a TruHD movie to an Uncompressed movie. Also my Denon 3808 says TruHD when it in bitstream (truhd) tracked movies and MultiCh IN when its on PCM (uncompressed movies). But I have to go in and switch the samsungs output depending on the movie track, correct?

Also what the "F" is up with this damn thing not playing alot of my Standard def DVDs and "upconverting" them to 1080p!!!! That was the whole damn idea. Now I have two dvd players in my rack depending if i need to watch a bluray or a stan def dvd....

The current update I have done was 080418.01_XAA I know there is another one out but these updates never seem to fix it. Did any of you guys get results with this and what about the other issues with switching the output and all that? Thanks

Andy

andytk5 10-06-2008 10:47 AM

Re: Samsung Bluray BDP1400 not playing all discs

Did the latest update, 080808 still no dice... Won't play regular dvds. POS... Also any answer to the other question about switching pcm or bitstream for diff Bluray audio?

andytk5 10-06-2008 11:15 AM

Just got off the phone with these guys.. They say its probably one of the lenses that reads the dvds, needs to be serviced. Labor will be 85.00 parts are free, woopee! What the hell. He said we are only covered for 3mos on labor for these damn things. Lame! Why would I spend that when these players are getting into the $200.00 range all the time? I'll just keep it for blu-rays (which it plays fine) and use my other dvd player for standards.

PalmHarbor 10-07-2008 04:28 PM

U should always buy the BestBuy or CC extended warranty. This example is why

chemrat 10-07-2008 05:57 PM

Sorry, but I do not think that economics favor purchasing the extended warranty plans for most things. One can end up spending a fortune on this "insurance" if it is purchased for every device. Maybe it is worth it for a TV. I don't believe it is for items costing under $1000, more or less.

andytk5 10-08-2008 05:29 AM

Ya, I have a one of the Diamond Mitsubishi TVs and I bought the extended warranty for that bad boy. But like you said the unit was only $300 I could replace it with a new sony S300 for under $200.