Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Blu-ray Players

Blu-ray Players Discuss everything to do with the best in Blu-ray players.

Old 09-23-2008   #7

Default Re: Samsung's BD-P1500 Blu-ray player dips under $200

Quote:
Originally Posted by busyhands View Post
Back to the topic: Amazon's price on the Sony must have been a one-day promotion, because it's already back up to $299. Likewise, if the Samsung at RS only has the $100 price break in the fine print, I would bet that it's going away soon, too.

Bring me a real, full-time under-$200 BD player and I will start considering it (assuming the media goes down, as well).
Price is great. But...what about quality? Is it full 1080P? What kind of UpConVer. if any does the player have! What are the load times? What about _all_ of the new of the Audio out there now! I'll stick with my PS3! Except for analog outputs..it does it all!!!
ottojg14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008   #8

Question Re: Samsung's BD-P1500 Blu-ray player dips under $200

Quote:
Originally Posted by busyhands View Post
Back to the topic: Amazon's price on the Sony must have been a one-day promotion, because it's already back up to $299. Likewise, if the Samsung at RS only has the $100 price break in the fine print, I would bet that it's going away soon, too.

Bring me a real, full-time under-$200 BD player and I will start considering it (assuming the media goes down, as well).
I'm with ya on the lower media price but why should it matter if you buy a $199 player on sale today or buy one that has the regular price of $199 in a couple of months?
They are both $199 & the $299 one on sale probably is a better player than one that is at $199 as a regular price.
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008   #9

fyi, the deal that started this thread is gone, like quicksilver...
gbeenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008   #10

Smile Re: Samsung's BD-P1500 Blu-ray player dips under $200

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottojg14 View Post
Price is great. But...what about quality? Is it full 1080P? What kind of UpConVer. if any does the player have! What are the load times? What about _all_ of the new of the Audio out there now! I'll stick with my PS3! Except for analog outputs..it does it all!!!
I got mine 31 days ago and we have enjoyed the few movies we watched immensely. Yes, it is 1080p, it does upconverting, Internet upgrades were easy, and BD Live is supposed to be available "any time now". My Denon decodes the TrueHD just fine (I have yet to rent a DTS Master disc).

Load time seems OK, it resumes where it left off when you hit the stop button.

I am a happy camper!
pws442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008   #11

If you watch the newspapers and the internet you can get a good deal on a player. You might have to wait a little while for a sale. I bought my Sharp player about 8 months ago for $300.
As far as downloads go, I don't think they will be mainstream for a long time. If I am going to pay for a high def movie, I want to have all the features and extras. I also like to actually own the media so I can watch whenever I want, wherever I want. Until quality Media servers are less expensive and download speeds are much faster I will stick with buying or renting Blu-ray disks. You can get the disks on sale at amazon and J and R for about 30 to 40 percent off.
CliffH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008   #12

Costco also had the Samsung BD-1500 for $199 after instant rebate this past weekend. I don't know if it's still available, but it's a sign that Blu-ray player prices are at least trying to start that downward spiral.
oildalemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
200, audio, bdp1500, blu, bluray, buy, costco, optonline, player, players, projectors, ray, sacddvd, sale, samsung, under200