Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Blu-ray Players

Blu-ray Players Discuss everything to do with the best in Blu-ray players.

Old 08-28-2008   #1
rex

Default Sony Announces New ES Blu-ray Player

Sony has announced that they will release a new ES-line Blu-ray Disc player promising the ultimate high definition experience to consumers. The Sony BDP-S5000ES will be BD-Live enabled and feature numerous Sony technologies in order to ensure it provides the best audio and video processing of Blu-ray discs. On the video side, it will feature an HD Reality Enhancer which continually analyzes the video stream to sharpen edges and reduce film grain. It also increases the 8-bit video depth to 14-bit for better color representation. Additional, the player will feature Sony's Super Bit Mapping which smooths color tones to provide the best video possible over an HDMI connection.

For audio, it will feature decoding and bit streaming of all audio formats. The player will have a high-stability Precision Drive HD transport mechanism in the center position, an ultra-rigid frame and beam chassis to reduce vibration and a low-leakage R-Core transformer - all ensuring the best audio performance. To further increase performance, the audio board has been separated from the video board to remove any electronic noise from transferring to the 7.1 analog outs. As a BD-Live player, it will come with a Ethernet connection and 1GB flash drive. And like the Sony BDP-S350 and upcoming BDP-S550, it will feature the PlayStation 3's XMB menu system.

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=1720
rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008   #2

Default Re: Sony Announces New ES Blu-ray Player

Hopefully when the guys get back from CEDIA they'll have price & release dates for all these players that are coming out.
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rex View Post
...it will feature an HD Reality Enhancer...
Boy, there are a lot a days I could really use something like that.
faberryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoose View Post
Hopefully when the guys get back from CEDIA they'll have price & release dates for all these players that are coming out.
I'm more hopeful of review pieces. from what I am starting to see in the press releases, AV preamps will be the big thing this year (at least I am still optimistic!)
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rex View Post
it will feature an HD Reality Enhancer which continually analyzes the video stream to sharpen edges and reduce film grain.
http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=1720
What a terrible idea! I was really interested until I read that. I want to see movies as they were intended to be seen: with whatever grain was intended and without excessive sharpening.
gtgleeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008   #6
wes

Cool Re: Sony Announces New ES Blu-ray Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtgleeson View Post
What a terrible idea! I was really interested until I read that. I want to see movies as they were intended to be seen: with whatever grain was intended and without excessive sharpening.
To each his own? for DVDs it might be great but not for Blu Ray
wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
bdp, bluray, enhancer, es, grain, hd, player, reality, reduces, s350, sharpening, sony, upcoming