Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Blu-ray Players

Blu-ray Players Discuss everything to do with the best in Blu-ray players.

Old 08-27-2008   #1

Default Sherwood bringing two new Blu-ray players to CEDIA

Sherwood Blu-ray players

From twice.com

Cerritos, Calif. — Audio supplier Sherwood plans a CEDIA Expo launch next week of its first two Blu-ray players and, under its high-end Newcastle series, a return to the TV market with two LCD TVs.
The players are the $499-suggested BDP-6003, due in September, and the $299-suggested BDP-5003, to follow in October. The 6003 is intended for “sheltered distribution,” and the 5003 is targeted to the mass market, said Jeffrey Hipps, marketing and product development senior VP.
Both models, however, are Blu-ray Profile 1.1 players with BonusView capability; 1080p up-scaling of DVD; front-panel USB Host port; and composite-, S- and component-video outputs to go with its HDMI 1.3 output. Both feature decoding of all authorized Blu-ray surround formats. The 6003 adds 5.1-channel analog output for connection to early A/V receivers, while the 5003 features two-channel analog output. Both players also play discs encoded with DivX, JPEG and MP3 files, and both feature coaxial and Toslink digital audio outputs, 192kHz/24-bit audio DACs and Ethernet port for firmware upgrades.
“Decoding TrueHD and DTS HD Master Audio and sending the results through the multichannel analog pipeline is still rare and expensive,” Hipps noted. “Denon is at $1,000, and Panasonic and Sony are at $500 or above. It [5.1 analog output] opens up lossless audio to users who don't have HDMI receivers. That's still a pretty sizable market.”
In the past, Sherwood offered DVD players in the Sherwood and Sherwood Newcastle series.
Few details of the LCD TVs were available, but the company will display a 32-inch and 42-inch model under its Sherwood Newcastle brand. The 32-inch model has a native resolution of 1,366 by 768, while the 42-inch model features 1080p display. They ship in December at prices that haven’t been announced.

I just don't understand why they would introduce 2 Blu-Ray players & neither one is profile 2.0!
I mean they have ethernet ports & USB ports for memory storage on a thumb drive but no profile 2.0..WTF?
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008   #2

Default Re: Sherwood bringing two new Blu-ray players to CEDIA

Yamaha has announced theirs as well, I suspect everyone will be trying to enter the ring this next week.

Now if the AV preamps would come out to handle the new codecs by the big boys (I am desperately waiting for Meridian to revamp the 861, and will have my CC on hand when I visit their booth!!!!)
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008   #3
wes

Cool Re: Sherwood bringing two new Blu-ray players to CEDIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
Yamaha has announced theirs as well, I suspect everyone will be trying to enter the ring this next week.

Now if the AV preamps would come out to handle the new codecs by the big boys (I am desperately waiting for Meridian to revamp the 861, and will have my CC on hand when I visit their booth!!!!)
Yes when is Classé going to include their upgrade on the new buggy processor SSP-800, I heard Q1 09 but when we look at how long it took them to ship beta units it might be Q4 09! An eternity in this world
wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by wes View Post
Yes when is Classé going to include their upgrade on the new buggy processor SSP-800, I heard Q1 09 but when we look at how long it took them to ship beta units it might be Q4 09! An eternity in this world
I don't know wes, but will be @ CEDIA next week and wil be looking for all those things myself!
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008   #5
wes

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
I don't know wes, but will be @ CEDIA next week and wil be looking for all those things myself!
Have fun, wish I could go to Cedia but then I might have to come back with stuff.
wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by wes View Post
Have fun, wish I could go to Cedia but then I might have to come back with stuff.
That would be a good trick since it's not a selling (to the public) show!
Capoftex is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
audio, cedia, locations, products, sherwood, texas, usa